Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Look ride and capibilities.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look ride and capibilities.

Hey jeepers. I'm new to the jeep way of life. Owned p/u trucks withs lifts but with a jeep I realize I don't have to have as much lift and still able to fit pretty good size tires.

I'm looking for the best dependable lift with a pretty good on road as well as off road capability. Any thing that I can easily run a 33-35" tire. And not break the pocket book tooo much. I know with the ifs lifts I've bought and installed in the past it was easy to spend well over 1000 and just wanting to know peoples preferences and suggestions on brand and type of lift.

Going on a 2010 JKu.
Thanks. Joe
Old 11-29-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Full Traction Economy 3" lift is a very popular lift. it is $600 and throw in an adjustable track bar and you are right at $750. Rides great and flexes fantastic off road. You will need toa dd shocks to taht too and you have a ton of options there. Most on here go with Billstein 5100s, I ahve thema nd they are great as well. That will put you just under $1100 shipped to your door from Dave at Northridge.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

It really depends on your budget and how you will use it. Generally over 2 1/2-3" you start looking at needing control arms and driveshafts which can start getting expensive....
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I was looking at the OME 2" because I'm not wanting to just put spacers I'd like to just get new springs and shocks. My budget is outrageously high but I won't skimp on the lift to save a few bucks.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpschiro
Hey jeepers. I'm new to the jeep way of life. Owned p/u trucks withs lifts but with a jeep I realize I don't have to have as much lift and still able to fit pretty good size tires.

I'm looking for the best dependable lift with a pretty good on road as well as off road capability. Any thing that I can easily run a 33-35" tire. And not break the pocket book tooo much. I know with the ifs lifts I've bought and installed in the past it was easy to spend well over 1000 and just wanting to know peoples preferences and suggestions on brand and type of lift.

Going on a 2010 JKu.
Thanks. Joe
Welcome to the forum Joe! Great name there. TeraFlex has a 2.5" coil kit with shocks for $749.99 that will work with 35's. You'll find many many happy TeraFlex customers here running this proven kit.

Quick Reply: Look ride and capibilities.