Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

longer fixed rear control arms

Old 11-09-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default longer fixed rear control arms

Guys,

Installed 37 inch tires ( 4" lift )now I need to move my rear axle back to center it in the wheel well. do you guys recommend any fixed rear extended length control arms?

I know synergy lowers is about 1/2" longer than stock.

Also still running the stock rear shaft.

Looks like i need to go back at least a half inch

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20151109_160454.png
Views:	151
Size:	556.1 KB
ID:	629671

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 11-09-2015, 12:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant go wrong with the synergy fixed lowers combined with their adjustable uppers. The fixed lowers have their new ddb bushings on both ends which ive been very impressed with (no maintenece with plenty of misalignment). They are also cost effectice because they are a fixed length not adjsutable. For the rear lowers 1/2" longer than stock I think is the perfect length without complicating the build. The only thing I had to modify was moving my swaybar back about an inch which involved drilling and tapping one hole on each side. Moving the axle back 1/2" allowed me to run 2" bumpstops in the rear where I was running 3" before with flats and 37s so I gained 1" of uptravel. The synergy arms are also high clearanced (bent upwards). You can get any adjustable upper arm you want to dial in your pinion angle but I just went with the syenrgys for the double adjuster feature to fine tune my pinion angle with the arms installed and jeep on the ground. Oh yeah no damn jam nuts
Old 11-09-2015, 12:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Stuff the rear end and check again. Those tires will move back as they go up, and you may have enough clearance now.

Do you have adj uppers? If not, getting longer lowers will tilt the pinion down, increasing driveshaft joint angles.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Monte417
You cant go wrong with the synergy fixed lowers combined with their adjustable uppers. The fixed lowers have their new ddb bushings on both ends which ive been very impressed with (no maintenece with plenty of misalignment). They are also cost effectice because they are a fixed length not adjsutable. For the rear lowers 1/2" longer than stock I think is the perfect length without complicating the build. The only thing I had to modify was moving my swaybar back about an inch which involved drilling and tapping one hole on each side. Moving the axle back 1/2" allowed me to run 2" bumpstops in the rear where I was running 3" before with flats and 37s so I gained 1" of uptravel. The synergy arms are also high clearanced (bent upwards). You can get any adjustable upper arm you want to dial in your pinion angle but I just went with the syenrgys for the double adjuster feature to fine tune my pinion angle with the arms installed and jeep on the ground. Oh yeah no damn jam nuts
Thanks man. Kind of my thoughts also. I hate jam nuts so I think this may be what I do.

Synergy has been great for all my front end parts and love the adjustability on the Jeep too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum
Old 11-09-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Stuff the rear end and check again. Those tires will move back as they go up, and you may have enough clearance now.

Do you have adj uppers? If not, getting longer lowers will tilt the pinion down, increasing driveshaft joint angles.
No upper yet. Getting Synergy fixed lowers and adjustable uppers....now, can I keep my wallet closed until black friday deals come out?

Sent from my SM-N920T using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: longer fixed rear control arms