Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long wearing mud tire

Old 03-12-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has Fierce Attitude MTs. Has over 60k miles on them and still decent tread left. He's very impressed with them. Might want to look into them. Pretty fair priced also.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

You cant go wrong with the firestone Destination MT's. I had those on my 98 ram and put 35k miles on them and still had maybe 10-15k to go easily.. they never left me stuck either. true shovelers. theyre actually pretty quiet as well.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

I had BFG at/kos on my KJ with steel front and rear bumpers load e and when I sold it (the KJ) the tires had 74k on them and they still had another 15-20k left I was amazed. Granted there were chunks missing from trails but overall I was very impressed. I heard they changed to compound though so they wear quicker now.
Just my xp on them. I had some geolanders and they sucked big time. They were a at tire and got around 30-32k on them on same rig.
I currently have yoko ats on my Jk, came with it and they are wearing fast. Have about 5200 on them and honestly don't see them making it past 30k. Sad too as I like yokos even with my bad xp with them lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EzK

When did they become useless off road though? I won't go again with mine at 45k. That said, they've held up impressively to my abuse on and off the beaten path.
I do all kinds of wheeling for somethings they got better. For mud I lost them at about 40000. The main problem I had was that they started picking a lot of things up and the cost of patching them just wasn't worth it any more.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

I have the pro comp extreme at's and I just hit 40 thousand. Can't believe how well they have lasted. Actually, I'm extremely impressed.

Quick Reply: Long wearing mud tire