Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long vs. mid arm lift

Old 03-13-2015, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
We compared short vs long arms on otherwise similar 4" lifted Jeeps, on the same trail, at different speeds.
Not me, not a very competent Jeep mod shop owner, not anyone there, including the owners of the long armed Jeeps -- all experienced offroaders -- noticed any ride improvement with the long arms.

I'd expect to hear this from an amateur, not from a manufacturer.

It takes 6" or more lift, for long arms to improve ride feel.
There are things that are based on fact that can be backed up by hard data. Then, there are things like "ride quality" that are subjective so we do not answer with definitives as that is not our place.

Even mid arm versus long arm, there are some really big differences, but what is best for the end consumer is up to them and based on many factors.

RK
Old 03-13-2015, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FIY -- The blue fonts are impossible to read on a computer screen with the regular forum black background.
Yeah, I realized that after the fact, but I was afraid to try and change the old school cryptic code language to fix it...
Old 03-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Are we missing something? Where did the posts go?

We have tried to post facts regarding our products and we will leave it at that. For those who want to debate, good, better, best and opinions, that is great. That is what open forums are for, but that is the debate we just do not wish to take part in. There are a lot of good products out there. This looks like a good place to exit this thread. Good luck with your builds...

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 03-13-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The best lift"... Have you driven on, for instance, Metal Cloak or Full Traction lifts ?
'Love blinds', right?
First i never said best lift..... And for the record I've rode in teraflex, superlift, full traction and Currie lifts with all different shock packages. Saying you have the best lift is ridiculous.
Old 03-13-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DEADGUY11
First i never said best lift..... And for the record I've rode in teraflex, superlift, full traction and Currie lifts with all different shock packages. Saying you have the best lift is ridiculous.
I think he is referring to the post by Ten2ndNova, which contained the comment "Rock krawler has the best lift on the market. Period."
Old 03-13-2015, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Yeah, I realized that after the fact, but I was afraid to try and change the old school cryptic code language to fix it...

Not that it matters now but if you highlight (select) the text with your mouse (if you are using a regular computer) the background turns to white and you can easily read it.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
There are things that are based on fact that can be backed up by hard data. Then, there are things like "ride quality" that are subjective so we do not answer with definitives as that is not our place.RK
As you surely know, no engineering or calculations can replace the butt-feel of the racing driver for fine adjustments. The sensitivity of experienced drivers for slight changes, is not something I'd disregard, or replace with 'data'. But lets leave it at that.

Last edited by GJeep; 03-13-2015 at 02:11 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by azxr
Not that it matters now but if you highlight (select) the text with your mouse (if you are using a regular computer) the background turns to white and you can easily read it.
That's one of those "why didn't I think of it"... Thanks !

Last edited by GJeep; 03-13-2015 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Are we missing something? Where did the posts go?

We have tried to post facts regarding our products and we will leave it at that. For those who want to debate, good, better, best and opinions, that is great. That is what open forums are for, but that is the debate we just do not wish to take part in. There are a lot of good products out there. This looks like a good place to exit this thread. Good luck with your builds...

RK
You're not missing anything. There are just some on the forums that do not believe in one size fits all or buying a lift off the shelf. There's just too many variables in each persons specific build to satisfy their exact needs. Therefore they will nitpick the lift to death and exploit any weakness it might have. They've most likely come to this point by having been an end user of an OTS lift before and putting it through its paces thus finding any weak points. Now they have moved on to building custom setups that suit their specific needs and are simply encouraging others to do more then just simply buy a lift off the shelf because some random forum member said it's the best lift ever.

I'm actually glad the manufacturers like yourself get on the forums and take part in debates. If anything it should help with your R&D. Having a direct line of communication to your primary customer base and being able to hear exactly what they want is practically like having the ability to open up their wallets.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor

As you surely know, no engineering or calculations can replace the butt-feel of the racing driver for fine adjustments. The sensitivity of experienced drivers for slight changes, is not something I'd disregard, or replace with 'data'. But lets leave it at that.
That is why we are out there every day doing what we do! We don't sponsor people to put our name on the side of the rig, we do it! Everything we do is about making a better product, learning and moving forward. But on a forum, that is subjective information that people want to talk about, ride quality etc is subjective to the butt in the seat so we try to leave that information out of our discussions. Of course we like the way our products ride and perform, but again performance is subjective as well. As a manufacturer being subjective on a forum brings in a lot of gray areas. Have a good weekend all!

RK

Last edited by Rock Krawler Suspension; 03-13-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Long vs. mid arm lift