Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long time waiting and R&P :p

Old 04-02-2016, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time waiting and R&P :p

Haven't posted in a really long time but I'm just to excited now. I bought my JKUR brand new in 2012. It's been bone stock except for the rear bumper I built, air compressor with air horns, trektop NX and the dual battery I made.

Many years of window shopping, wishing, hoping and pricing.

•Ace fender delete kit
•Alloy axle tube seals
•Poison spyder trail cage
•Superchips trail dash w/ dash pod
•Super swamper 38x12.50x16.5 TSL SX
•Synergy inner axle sleeves
•Alloy USA 4.88 gears
•King shocks 2.5" oem adjustable shocks
•6.5 BDS w/ fox series single through shaft ats 2.0
•Adams drive shafts with 1310 (I want my weak points to be the u-joints just in case)
•borla xr-1 muffler
•trail worthy 12-bolt wheels
•Engo 16,000 winch
•then some small extras from riverraider
•3/8 inch plate for front bumper build

Now it's just a waiting game.

Sent from my thread killing iPhone
Old 04-02-2016, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh and if anyone has experience doing R&P or has a website or video that's helpful for R&P let me know. Thanks

Old 04-03-2016, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DROELLE
Oh and if anyone has experience doing R&P or has a website or video that's helpful for R&P let me know. Thanks

Ring and pinions aren't hard if you have the correct tools, just takes time and patience to get setup correctly. Take your time read allot and don't settle for close enough.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlocker
Ring and pinions aren't hard if you have the correct tools, just takes time and patience to get setup correctly. Take your time read allot and don't settle for close enough.
^^^^ take your time , read lots.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

The tools aren't real expensive like most people tend to tell you either. You'll need a mocrometer, dial indicator with magnetic base, and you can get a bearing separator puller. You can get it all from harbor freight for pretty cheap.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
The tools aren't real expensive like most people tend to tell you either. You'll need a mocrometer, dial indicator with magnetic base, and you can get a bearing separator puller. You can get it all from harbor freight for pretty cheap.
Yup harbor freight or amazon for cheap. I do recommend also getting an inch pound beam style torque wrench for setting pinion preload during setup and final torque.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jlocker
Yup harbor freight or amazon for cheap. I do recommend also getting an inch pound beam style torque wrench for setting pinion preload during setup and final torque.
Oh good one. I knew I was missing something. I think I paid $20 for mine on Amazon. It's a piece of shit but it definitely got the job done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2675467942.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	504.8 KB
ID:	642680  
Old 04-03-2016, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the advice. haven't really found a great site that gives good detailed info though?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DROELLE
thanks for the advice. haven't really found a great site that gives good detailed info though?
I used this thread when I did my regear:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...gearing-82262/
Old 04-03-2016, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
Oh good one. I knew I was missing something. I think I paid $20 for mine on Amazon. It's a piece of shit but it definitely got the job done.
I think I have one of the same ones ha ha! Once you set up enough gear sets you won't need the torque wrench any more you'll gain the feel by hand.
As far as write up or detail, there is plenty of write ups out there online on setting up ring and pinions just make sure you use jk dana 44 specs for backlash and pinion preload and go to town! After that it's just figuring out the art of reading gear patterns and how to change them while still staying within specs. That's where the patience comes into play. Have fun! I personally love setting up gears, it's a fun challenge every time.

Quick Reply: Long time waiting and R&P :p