Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which Kit
Teraflex Long Arm
42.86%
Rubicon Express Radius Long Arm
7.14%
Rock Crawler 3 Link
30.95%
Other
19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Which Long Arm System and Why? PROS and CONS

Old 08-17-2010, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Long Arm System and Why? PROS and CONS

I am going to long arm my jeep and i want to know the pros and cons of each kit.
Will one give a better flex and not get in binds over the others?
Which one will ride the best on road and perform the best off road?
Which ones JOINTS WILL NOT WEAR OUT and has good quality?
Which company has the best customer service?
When i do this i want to do it right the first time? I will be doing the install and can do it over 2 or so days in the 18 wheeler shop i work so tools and things are not issues.
Any help is greatly appreciated and all open thoughts are accepted.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very happy with my rock krawler long arm they also have a new aluminum pro kit... that is very nice
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Any more inputs?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

offroad evolution
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 AM
JK Super Freak

I like the idea of going away from the 4 link because of all the bind it seems to bring. All i have heard about is yeah its a long arm but when the upper arms are half the length of the lower arms like the teraflex bind is going to come.
How has the ORE long arm kit been? Any body run it?
Old 08-18-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

I love my RockKrawler stuff too! The crew there has excellent service. It rides amazing & it flexes like crazy too.

This is with the long arm, I previously had the mid arm and it was really nice too!

Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Prope
I love my RockKrawler stuff too! The crew there has excellent service. It rides amazing & it flexes like crazy too.

This is with the long arm, I previously had the mid arm and it was really nice too!

How hard was it to install the coil overs? Are they adjustable so you could get different heights out of them?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Just installed them a couple weekends ago. It wasn't too bad, took me and my buddy about 4-5 hours to install. The worst part it cutting the old mounts off. He had a plasma cutter and it was still a bit of work. But I trimmed out a lot of plastic inside the fenderwells to get the mounts mounted higher than specified so I could lower the whole Jeep down a bit and still use the 12" travel coilovers so that made for a bit more work also.

Yes, they are adjustable, I think have about 5" variance in them. I'm currently set about an inch below the top which equaled about 3" of up travel and the rest down. I need to get some shorter progressive rate coils(so they don't fall out) in the rear and then dial in my final ride height. I also have 12" travel shocks in the rear.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Prope
Just installed them a couple weekends ago. It wasn't too bad, took me and my buddy about 4-5 hours to install. The worst part it cutting the old mounts off. He had a plasma cutter and it was still a bit of work. But I trimmed out a lot of plastic inside the fenderwells to get the mounts mounted higher than specified so I could lower the whole Jeep down a bit and still use the 12" travel coilovers so that made for a bit more work also.

Yes, they are adjustable, I think have about 5" variance in them. I'm currently set about an inch below the top which equaled about 3" of up travel and the rest down. I need to get some shorter progressive rate coils(so they don't fall out) in the rear and then dial in my final ride height. I also have 12" travel shocks in the rear.
are both the 3.5" and 5.5" 12" coilovers then?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

The 3.5" comes with 11" travel, 5.5 w/ 12". I moved my mounts up so I could use the 12" and lower my Jeep.

Quick Reply: Which Long Arm System and Why? PROS and CONS