Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long Arm lifts?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Arm lifts?

I'm deciding whether I want to get the Rough Country 4 in X-series long arm kit or their 3.5 series II lift

Is a long arm kit worth the extra money?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

I like the long arm lift. I have one and it's nice to have, but a lot can be done without the long arms. Depends how much you are going to do with it and how often you will feel a need for it. IMO: better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Choose carefully, no sense in changing it later and spending more money in the long run. That;s my 2 cents.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kfaires95
I'm deciding whether I want to get the Rough Country 4 in X-series long arm kit or their 3.5 series II lift

Is a long arm kit worth the extra money?
how big of a tire are you planning to run? at 4" or more, long arms will help correct your suspension geometry and will provide a nicer ride on pavement. if you do a lot of highway miles on your jeep, yeah, they'd be worth the extra cash.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
how big of a tire are you planning to run? at 4" or more, long arms will help correct your suspension geometry and will provide a nicer ride on pavement. if you do a lot of highway miles on your jeep, yeah, they'd be worth the extra cash.
I am either getting 33 in Trail grapplers, 33 in Dick cepek mud countrys, or the 35 km2's
I've heard that the rubber on the km2's doesn't last as long and that's why I am considering the trail grapplers at a smaller size due to the prize

Quick Reply: Long Arm lifts?