Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long Arm Kits....What one?

Old 08-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm buying from Northridge in Canada. they don't sell Krawler.
Northridge 4x4 Canada does offer our products. They mght not be on their website as of yet, but they have purchased from us. If you have any questions on our Long Arm Kits, please let us know. We are hear to help.

Northridge4x4 and Northridge4x4 Canada Carries Rockkrawler's full line we are working on getting it all on the website which has been a struggle. We just hired a In house web designer who will start when the new building opens so things will get added really fast!

I ordered a Full Traction and it wont be in for 3 weeks. Wondering if the TeraFlex is comparable for 5 bills less in cost.
I think the reason it may be three weeks is becuase of our Border schedule. I am not sure but I will have stan Check on that .

Thanks
David
Old 08-11-2010, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not trying to bad mouth anyone but i just replaced the ends of my full traction control arms with curri joints with weld in bungs. Mine were cracked all the hell and my rear end was moving back and forth about 3/4 of an inch.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by sam30540
Im not trying to bad mouth anyone but i just replaced the ends of my full traction control arms with curri joints with weld in bungs. Mine were cracked all the hell and my rear end was moving back and forth about 3/4 of an inch.
Sounds like you have the first generation kits, we have upgraded the short arms with different bushings so this is no longer an issue.

Also the long arm kit uses different bushings than the short arms. With both kits we have the second generation bushings shipping.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Full-Traction Suspension
Sounds like you have the first generation kits, we have upgraded the short arms with different bushings so this is no longer an issue.

Also the long arm kit uses different bushings than the short arms. With both kits we have the second generation bushings shipping.
Well im glad the people who are now buying the kit are getting bushings that wont bust. Wish i would have waited till the problem came out or bought something else. Sure would have saved me alot of money.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
I think both the TeraFlex and the Full Traction Long Arm Kits have their pluses and minuses. For the Full Traction you can bolt it on yourself and save a lot of $. A couple of my buddies are running them and the flex is awesome as is the ride - real plush. For the TeraFlex it's a system that has a great reputation and has never had the bushing issues that the earlier Full Traction had.

From what I've seen in my buddies rigs you can't go wrong with either system! I'm looking to do the long arms at some point and these are the two systems I'm looking at as well!
Thanks! TeraFlex uses a Clevite bushing on the lower arms on the frame end with a flex joint on the axle ends. The other arms use med flex joints on the ends also. TeraFlex flex joints are quiet,greasable and rebuildable.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

rock krawler what type of bushings or joints do you use. i have ben looking at a long arm upgrade as well and ft, tera and rock krawler are the three in the running.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Full Traction long arm lift on a 2003 Rubicon, and have a Teraflex long arm lift on my 2010 Rubicon. The Teraflex lift is a little better quality and better designed. Also, the Full Traction bushings squeaked constantly, and the Teraflex bushings are completely silent.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ives
I ordered a Full Traction and it wont be in for 3 weeks. Wondering if the TeraFlex is comparable for 5 bills less in cost.
Be patient and wait for the Full Traction kit, you will not be sorry. They make some seriously stout pieces. When spending that kind of coin on a kit, get the best.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Here are the answers to our joint and bushing construction!

The first image is a picture of our Krawler Joint which is our rebuildable spherical joint shown on the right! The first thing you will notice is the the housing is narrow where it bolts into the control arm mounts compared to the joint to the left which is your standard type joint used by the majority of manufacturers! The reason for this is to allow for maximum articulation out of the joint before the housing body hits the control arm mounting bracket. Wide heads as shown on the left contact the mounting brackets prior to ever allowing for maximum articulation which is one of the biggest causes of control arm brackets being torn off the axle in our opinion.

The second image shows the guts our our Krawler Joints which are the heart and sole of their simplicity! There are two impregnated polyurethane race ways which provide nice, smooth, and quiet bind free motion, a 52100 series steel chrome plated ball with built in flanges, and two chromoly thread in retainers. The joint body itself is made from 4340 Heat Treated Chromoly. The biggest thing you will notice about our housing is the narrow head! However, in order to keep the strength of the housing where we want it to be, the wall thickness is a full 1/2" thick! Most wall thicknesses in the industry are 3/16 or 1/4 at best on rebuildable spherical joints! All the shanks are 1" for all the lower control arms! Notice, there is no press required or specialty tools for rebuilding them either. You can actually adjust the preload on the joints while they are still in the vehicle!

The third image shows our standard weld on end and bushing material for the lower control arms at the frame connection! We use the largest bushings in the industry to provide with the best possible vibration free ride! Our tube end used is a 2.5" O.D. 1/4" Wall DOM allowing us to have a massive 2" O.D. 7/8 I.D. Control Arm Bushing. Our control arm bushings are also made from an impregnated poly so they are less likely to squeak! That is why they look so shiny in the picture! Also, notice the relief cut under the head of the flanges of the bushings. This allows for another 15 degrees of misalignment!

We have addressed all the details in our control arm construction to ensure the best possible on highway ride as well as the best possible off road ability without compromise! We are avid Jeep Owners and want to enjoy our Jeeps each and every day both on the street and on the trail. However, when we get to the trail, we do not want to look like an "also ran". We want to be what everyone aspires to be with their JK off road.

Like Tera, our rear uppers are double spherical as well as our front uppers! Our front uppers at the axle also get build a ball joint or another style of rebuildable spherical joint to allow for maximum articulation and provide a nice quiet ride. Typically, when pushed off road the OEM bushings in the front upper mounts are the axle get torn apart pretty quickly so we wanted to address that as well!

We hope this answers your or anyone's questions about our joint contruction! This is typical of all of our systems for the past three years!

Rock Krawler
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

thanks for the reply rock krawler.

i think that which ever company (of the mentioned ones) you choose the op, myself or anyone for that matter we will be happy with it. there are + and - to each one and it all comes down to personal preference and what you are wanting to accomplish in the long run. great thread with lots of good info on bushings and long arm setups.

Quick Reply: Long Arm Kits....What one?