Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Long arm kit or coilovers with stock arms

Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by socaldozer
Awesome I didn't know the Evo kit was bolt on. I am just into desert driving right now and crawling when I can. I like going fast to but the jeep can't handle that right now.
You guys are very helpful and I will do some more research when I'm at home on the computer.
they have a weld on kit as well as a bolt on kit.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I saw on Clayton's website that they are also coming out with a bolt on kit for the 2012 as well. Not sure when it will be available though.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by alanscott1
I saw on Clayton's website that they are also coming out with a bolt on kit for the 2012 as well. Not sure when it will be available though.
There stiff looks beefy, and comes with a great replacement guarantee. BUT I believe their kit is a radius arm system right? I would have you think hard if you want to invest that much money into a radius arm lift, after you have invested this much into a coilover kit, that will bind before you are able to reach the full 11" or 12" wheel travel this was designed to provide
Old 06-27-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

How would the full traction kit compare to evo's? I know they both make good products but I really have no need to go 4" lift which is all Evo offers. 3 " would be better for me like FT has. They also have just a long arm upgrade kit by its self if I wanted to go that route
Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

How would the full traction kit compare to evo's? I know they both make good products but I really have no need to go 4" lift which is all Evo offers. 3 " would be better for me like FT has. They also have just a long arm upgrade kit by its self if I wanted to go that route
I dont think there is a whole lot of difference between the design or the two systems, other than ORE uses Johnny Joints and Full Traction uses Heim Joints. The full traction kit uses a drop pitman arm, which is less desireable because it places an added strain on the stearing. The Evo kit includes a drag link flip which is more desireable.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by StrizzyChris

I dont think there is a whole lot of difference between the design or the two systems, other than ORE uses Johnny Joints and Full Traction uses Heim Joints. The full traction kit uses a drop pitman arm, which is less desireable because it places an added strain on the stearing. The Evo kit includes a drag link flip which is more desireable.
Good to know thanks for all this info. I do like the drag link flip but I think the 4" that the evo comes with will be overkill with flat fenders and 35s.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EVO MFG is coming out with 3" Plush coils soon, so it might be an option. Give em a call.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

It will be awhile before I do. I'm deploying next month til February. Plus I wanna re gear and do lockers first then lift it.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

It will be awhile before I do. I'm deploying next month til February. Plus I wanna re gear and do lockers first then lift it.
when you get back from deployment drive up to Offroad Evolution in Fullerton. We'll figure out what is best for your JK.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:41 PM
JK Newbie

Okay sounds good, thanks

Quick Reply: Long arm kit or coilovers with stock arms