Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lod stubby or mid-width

Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lod stubby or mid-width

I am thinking about buying either the Lod Mid or stubby bumper but I do not like the mounting spot for aux lighting on the bumper. Is anyone running aux light under the winch guard? If so how are you mounting the lights?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

I've seen people do this but you will have to be careful with the diameter of the lights. There are tabs on the winch guard for mounting them.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Former Member

Have you seen the new LOD Armor Lite Bumpers? In addition to the inside the bumper mount fog or Rigid Dually cutouts, they also have an option for running the lights either on top of the fairlead (either for the bare bumper or one with the stinger) or for running lights with the optional bull bar.

Check it out.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...market-239087/
Old 07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

I am running their stubby stinger and mounted a 10" led bar to the front. Very happy with the LoD products.
fit is amazing and the matching front skid is functional so I don't tear up the quick disconnect.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

Yes that may be what i need to do! Thanks for the input! Is that the RI 10 inch?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Correct it is. Note I used a full length mount from them and I had to drill some new holes in the LoD to mate up
with that 10" Light bar. (even with the mounts the LED bar came with they still would not align and were to big of
holes anyway) (Be nice if perhaps LoD offered those factory holes as an option to mount up)
Here is a close up of the light bar and bumper - really pleased how it turned out and not blocking any more
air flow to/from front of Jeep.

Originally Posted by Jake342
Yes that may be what i need to do! Thanks for the input! Is that the RI 10 inch?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Wow! Yep that is awesome. Do you think the brightness is worthy of the money?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Newbie

I do - I bought the combo unit so it is a little bit of flood and long distance. Sometimes I almost wish I did the 20"
seems you can NEVER have enough light out on the trails...

Originally Posted by Jake342
Wow! Yep that is awesome. Do you think the brightness is worthy of the money?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
Have you seen the new LOD Armor Lite Bumpers? In addition to the inside the bumper mount fog or Rigid Dually cutouts, they also have an option for running the lights either on top of the fairlead (either for the bare bumper or one with the stinger) or for running lights with the optional bull bar.

Check it out.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...market-239087/
I ordered one!! Thanks Chris.

Check out my thread!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bumper-240428/
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 AM
JK Freak

I have the Mid-width on mine, and I know just what you mean. I bought two sets of the 6 1/4" PIAA lights, but didnt like how high they sit on the winch guard, so I took 'em off an put 'em under the bar. What I did is I measured out a couple pieces of metal, drilled some holes in them, and then a couple holes into the bumper itself, and bolted the pieces to the bumper(after I had 'em powder-coated). I had to adjust them alil cuz the bumper has that uneven cut to it for the winch, and then move the lights around alil more, but they finally set in right.

I still have those mounting brackets on the bar there, and I'm probably gonna do like the other guy did and just put a 10-12" led bar there.

Quick Reply: Lod stubby or mid-width