Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lod sliders vs evo sliders + long arm issues

Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lod sliders vs evo sliders + long arm issues

I've been debating between the lod rock sliders and the evo ones for my 2door. my stock rubi sliders didnt hold up very well last outing. Not that I can weld, but I was leaning towards the lod ones. And now it seems that the Evo price as jumped up quite a bit recently to where they are pretty comparable (silly $$$)!

Only Q I have is I believe I have heard that some (all?) long arm kits are incompatible with the lod sliders due to the 3 locations of the frame bolts....? Is that the case, are there long arms that are compatible?

thx!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't know about LOD but they do look nice for sure. You are local to EVO and everything they make kicks ass so I would say EVO.......

I guarantee you will have zero fitment issues with EVO, just let them know what long arm you have and it will fit, better yet have them weld it!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PCHSahara
I've been debating between the lod rock sliders and the evo ones for my 2door. my stock rubi sliders didnt hold up very well last outing. Not that I can weld, but I was leaning towards the lod ones. And now it seems that the Evo price as jumped up quite a bit recently to where they are pretty comparable (silly $$$)!

Only Q I have is I believe I have heard that some (all?) long arm kits are incompatible with the lod sliders due to the 3 locations of the frame bolts....? Is that the case, are there long arms that are compatible?

thx!
I really like their sliders but if this is true about the long arm kits, I won't buy them, period.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi

I had to modify my lod rock rails for my teraflex long arm lift. It was just cutting off a few brackets and welding it to the frame. Easy enough for me to do.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

The guy who did my install had to do a small bit of trimming on the rear slider frame mounts to work with the EVO sliders.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-67308159.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	219335  
Old 10-04-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love my LOD's on my 4dr. They've taken some abuse and are stout. Haven't seen EVO's yet and I won't have a long arm FWIW.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

If its that easy to modify later I am potentially ok with it.

Also have any of you had problems with rust on the LOD's?

I saw another post where many people were having problems with rust on the LoD bumpers, but they admitted it was in areas with plenty of salt or mag chloride for the ice.

I like the Lods for the "step". I wish there were other options.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
EVO MFG Representative

Originally Posted by PCHSahara

thx!
On all 2 Doors with Long Arm kits, there is really not alot of frame left to mount frame mounted sliders. I'm not sure which long arm kit you have, but the EVO will need modifications to fit around any long arm kit (rear mounting location only) that we have seen and I can only assume that all other frame mounted sliders will have this same need.

The price of the EVO Sliders have not gone up. They have been this price for years.

What we have done for most customers with this situation is we leave the rear mounting off and supply it loose so that your installer can do what is needed to work around your long arm kit.

Since you are local to Off Road Evolution. You may want to give them a call. They have done this MANY times.

EVO
714-879-8913

Quick Reply: lod sliders vs evo sliders + long arm issues