Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Skid Plate

Old 07-23-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LOD Skid Plate

Well my wife suprised me this afternoon with the order of a LOD shorty winch bumper for my birthday.

The one thing not ordered was the optional skid plate. I have not seen very many detailed photos of it, but it would seem as though it is a sturdier air dam? I have read several threads on that subject and have removed mine. If I don't have the disconnect motor, I would think this skid plate will not offer me much benefit.

Just wondering if any LOD owners can tell me if this is a logical conclusion.

Thanks! 4 weeks can't come soon enough.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pwain
Well my wife suprised me this afternoon with the order of a LOD shorty winch bumper for my birthday.

The one thing not ordered was the optional skid plate. I have not seen very many detailed photos of it, but it would seem as though it is a sturdier air dam? I have read several threads on that subject and have removed mine. If I don't have the disconnect motor, I would think this skid plate will not offer me much benefit.

Just wondering if any LOD owners can tell me if this is a logical conclusion.

Thanks! 4 weeks can't come soon enough.

I got one with my middy and I have bashed it several times. It is good protection against a misjudged approach angle.

Quick Reply: LOD Skid Plate