Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Signature Series Jeep JK Wrangler Bumpers

Old 02-12-2008, 06:45 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by karnuvore
Any idea (since it sounds like you've talked to them) what the max tire size will be for the rear bumper?

dave
35" for sure with the trail rack, a 37" depending on the actual dimension of it. Without a rack/gas can mounts, 37" for sure.

Originally Posted by hiteck
Any idea if the swing out will be an option for the bumper or fixed to the bumper?
So far as I know, no, it will only be available with the tire carrier.

Originally Posted by CHARLIE O
Does anyone know if they are going to make a mid-width or full front bumper in this series?
There has been no discussion of one but I will let them know there is some interest in one.

Originally Posted by GlennH
stubby without foglamp holes?
I don't think so but they will be offering the bumper with aftermarket foglights in the event you don't already have them.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:13 AM
Ipe
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
In case you haven't already seen it, LoD has just completed development of their their new Signature Series Bumper line and the pics below shows what they came up with...

New Signature Series Shorty Front Bumper...

Skid plate for Rubicon e-disco motors...

LoD Signature Series JK Shorty Front Bumper
Constructed out of 3/16″ laser cut steel plate, the LoD Signature Series JK Shorty Front Bumper measures only 48″ wide, comes complete with a recessed winch mount, D-Ring mounts, tapered ends for maximum approach angles, choice of textured or matte black powder coat finish and as mentioned, is available with or without a winch hoop. For those of you who have a Rubicon edition JK, LoD is now offering a Signature Series skid plate designed to protect your electronic sway bar disconnect motor. And, for those of you who do not have factory fog lights, LoD will also be offering 4″ aftermarket halogen fog lights with this awesome bumper.
A couple questions:

A) Does it fit the Superwinch EP9.0? Some bumpers (like shrockworks) don't.

B) What is the cost without the hoop? I went to the site you mentioned and while you could order it for $499 there was no place to de-select the hoop nor was any discount shown for no hoop. :confused:

Thanks

Rob
Old 02-12-2008, 07:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Ipe
A couple questions:

B) What is the cost without the hoop? I went to the site you mentioned and while you could order it for $499 there was no place to de-select the hoop nor was any discount shown for no hoop. :confused:

Thanks

Rob
A. Honestly, I don't know but I have talked to LoD and they are looking into it now. There is a lot of room to play with side to side so that shouldn't be a problem but the fairlead hole is made to fit inline with the Power Plant and most any other winch. If the EP 9.0 is mounted in a way that is different, that might be the only problem.

B. First off, the $499 is just an introductory price and it will go up later on in the year. 2nd, there is no 'without' hoop price as one has not been released yet. All the bumpers in the first batch are being made with hoops so deselecting this option was not made available.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Ipe
JK Newbie

A. Honestly, I don't know but I have talked to LoD and they are looking into it now. There is a lot of room to play with side to side so that shouldn't be a problem but the fairlead hole is made to fit inline with the Power Plant and most any other winch. If the EP 9.0 is mounted in a way that is different, that might be the only problem.
Thanks. Superwinch is local to me and I like doing business locally.

B. First off, the $499 is just an introductory price and it will go up later on in the year. 2nd, there is no 'without' hoop price as one has not been released yet. All the bumpers in the first batch are being made with hoops so deselecting this option was not made available.
Ummm... Mr. wayfoflife... whats with the attitude and rudeness? My questions were fair and reasonable. Your post and press release makes no mention of this being an introductory price and the press release states that it is available with or without the hoop and that this bumper is available now. Scheesh dude! Take some midol. Are you trying to do your advertiser a favor? If you are, you might want to re-think your approach. Your attitude in the post above really makes me want to rush out and get an LOD bumper now... Not.

I've heard rumors about you but refused to believe them. I guess they were true.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ipe
A couple questions:

Thanks

Rob
If they don't get you an answer, I'll let you know in about 2 weeks (supposed to ship in a week).
I have the Superwinch EPi 9.0 on my bumper now, LOVE it and want to keep it.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Ipe
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VBS4
If they don't get you an answer, I'll let you know in about 2 weeks (supposed to ship in a week).
I have the Superwinch EPi 9.0 on my bumper now, LOVE it and want to keep it.
Thanks VBS4!

I had the opportunity to tour the Superwinch plant in CT last winter and the place was amazing. After seeing the engineering and thought that goes into their winches I was sold! Seriously great stuff.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:37 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Ipe
Thanks. Superwinch is local to me and I like doing business locally.
I completely understand.

Ummm... Mr. wayfoflife... whats with the attitude and rudeness? My questions were fair and reasonable. Your post and press release makes no mention of this being an introductory price and the press release states that it is available with or without the hoop and that this bumper is available now. Scheesh dude! Take some midol. Are you trying to do your advertiser a favor? If you are, you might want to re-think your approach. Your attitude in the post above really makes me want to rush out and get an LOD bumper now... Not.
I'm sorry but, what??? Honestly, I have no idea where that came from and didn't realize that I had attitude or was being rude. So far as I could tell, I just answered your question. Could you please point out where I might have indicated to you otherwise as it sincerely wasn't my intent.

I've heard rumors about you but refused to believe them. I guess they were true.
Really? Well, perhaps that's why you were so eager to jump to conclusions about what I was saying as opposed to just taking it as a simple answer. Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt
Old 02-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Ipe
JK Newbie

To me, the "First" and "2nd" read rather aggressively. Like you couldn't believe that I would make such a question. However if a vendor is offering something available now then the options to purchase it how you want it should be available too. I'd also expect something with less labor and materials to cost less.

As to jumping to conclusions, you have me there. Perhaps the numerous stories I've read on the internet from other people claiming you banned them for simply disagreeing with you may have clouded my judgment.

Because of that I apologize. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully our interactions will be far more amicable in the future.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:04 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Ipe
To me, the "First" and "2nd" read rather aggressively. Like you couldn't believe that I would make such a question. However if a vendor is offering something available now then the options to purchase it how you want it should be available too. I'd also expect something with less labor and materials to cost less.
Sorry about that. If you ask around, I do that often but with no other intent than to clarify specific points that I'm trying to make. Perhaps I should just use '#1 ' and '#2' or bullets or something like that

As to jumping to conclusions, you have me there. Perhaps the numerous stories I've read on the internet from other people claiming you banned them for simply disagreeing with you may have clouded my judgment.

Because of that I apologize. I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully our interactions will be far more amicable in the future.
LOL!! It's all good by me. I know there are all kinds of stories out there about me and for all I care, you can believe them all. But, please know that I have sincerely just tried answering your questions and that's all.

And, speaking of your questions, I have talked to LoD and was told that the Superwinch EP 9.0 will fit but you will need to indicate as much when placing your order as new mounting hole will need to be specially made. Also, I got LoD to commit to a w/o hoop price and it will be -$20 for now.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ditto toad.

Quick Reply: LoD Signature Series Jeep JK Wrangler Bumpers