Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Signature series bumper highlift jack

Old 07-10-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Signature series bumper highlift jack

Anyone installed the most recent edition of the Signature Series bumper? I just installed it, and can't figure out how to mount the highlift jack without removing the tire. Anyone have pictures of how they mounted this?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:30 PM
JK Super Freak

i was just wondering the same thing today! any ideas?
Old 07-11-2009, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is a plate just under the third brake light. The jack mounts crosswise and bolts thru the jack to that plate. No hardware was included in the kit to do this though. I mounted the foot to the drivers side. I had to raise the rack one hole to clear the bend in the rack. It works well. Good luck
Old 07-11-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cat Dr.
There is a plate just under the third brake light. The jack mounts crosswise and bolts thru the jack to that plate. No hardware was included in the kit to do this though. I mounted the foot to the drivers side. I had to raise the rack one hole to clear the bend in the rack. It works well. Good luck
I figured this much out, but there is no way to feed a bolt through the mounting holes (when running 37's, and probably 35"s). Once the jack rests on the top crossmember in between the tire and the mounting holes, there is no clearance on the back side. It would be possible to take the tire off and feed a bolt and washer through the jack, but who wants to remove the tire to get access to the jack?

I did receive two 90 degree mounting tabs, but I can't figure out what they are for? I must say, the instructions for this installation were horrible (mostly because they were done for the 1st generation rack which is nothing like this one).
Old 07-11-2009, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am installing mine as we speak and I am also wondering what the extra brackets are for. I have no clue right now. Until someone comes up with a better idea, I am mounting the jack with regular bolts that will require the tire to come off. I am out of ideas.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

The 2 extra "L brackets" are there so you can use your existing rubber snubbers on the tailgate to snug up against the tire carrier. When I installed mine, I had to trim my rubber snubbers a little but now it sits tight against the tailgate and no rattles!
Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Jedi

I'm not sure if I can find it because I'm on my phone, but I recall someone posting pictures of the hi-lift on the gen 2 bumper. You may want to search for those pics and see if they help.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Here's the thread

Originally Posted by Mskh20
I'm not sure if I can find it because I'm on my phone, but I recall someone posting pictures of the hi-lift on the gen 2 bumper. You may want to search for those pics and see if they help.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=44519&page=2

Post #13 has a pic of where the right angle brackets attach.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FJ80fornow
I figured this much out, but there is no way to feed a bolt through the mounting holes (when running 37's, and probably 35"s). Once the jack rests on the top crossmember in between the tire and the mounting holes, there is no clearance on the back side. It would be possible to take the tire off and feed a bolt and washer through the jack, but who wants to remove the tire to get access to the jack?

I did receive two 90 degree mounting tabs, but I can't figure out what they are for? I must say, the instructions for this installation were horrible (mostly because they were done for the 1st generation rack which is nothing like this one).
I was searching for a solution to this as well. I can't seem to find anyone who has posted a solution yet and this thread is kinda old. Maybe it needs to be revived. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jake
Old 11-14-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty sure that the tire has to be removed

Quick Reply: LoD Signature series bumper highlift jack