Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD or rockhard

Old 04-22-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD or rockhard

i am trying to decide weather to get the rock hard rear bumper tire carrier or the LOD stubby bumper tire carrier. looking for some insight on either of those bumpers(from people who have them)
Old 04-22-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have either, but I love the look of the LOD.
Check out there site and look at the installation instructions. That bumper has a ton of bolts holding it to the frame, and uses 3 rubber bumpers to control rattles in the carrier.
I thought this was very impressive, that bumper is not going to budge.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Warn bumpers, but if I do it over the LOD will be what I go with..
Old 04-22-2010, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

i installed a lod rear tire carrier on a friends jk,it looks really good 'but' the powder coating is rusting through in a bunch of spots,i don't like the latch set up and the bearing/hinge set up could be better,the bumper is less then a year old by the way. on mine i installed the expedition one and have zero complaints with it so far.

hope this helps
Old 04-22-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Junkie

I have the LOD front, rear, and rock rails. I have been very happy with all of them, the powder coating on the rails didn't hold up the best after one winter but I may just have them line-x'd some day, so no biggie, and they held up great to some abuse off roading.

Quick Reply: LOD or rockhard