Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Rock slider Question.

Old 01-20-2016, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LOD Rock slider Question.

I got my LOD Rock sliders in today. I wanted to get started on it so I took off the OEM Plastic crap. Got started on mounting them. Problem is on LOD website it says.

7. Using the factory hardware, secure your new LoD Signature Series Rock Slider to the points where the automatic transmisson and transfer case skid plates attach the frame rail on your Jeep JK Wrangler. An 18mm socket will be needed for this job.

I don't have an auto so there is a hole there but I don't have any bolts to Pre-mount the slider to mark out the lines. Should I just proceed and just forget the bolt and worry about that later?
Old 01-20-2016, 03:03 PM
JK Junkie

Default Update

I decided to move ahead with the install. So far I have one installed. I think I'm going to be short a bolt since I had to use one that came with the sliders. I used Propane tanks and textbooks to hold the sliders in place....lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3679.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	635150   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3680.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	635151  

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 01-21-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Pictures were flipped
Old 01-20-2016, 03:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like your ingenuity... you can always pick up a couple of bolts and put them on afterwards... as long as you stay off the rocks you'll be fine until then!!
Old 01-20-2016, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The bolts are a pain to find as they are an odd pitch. Ace hardware is the best bet.

Quick temp trick is to steal them from the t case skid. Just don't go wheeling until you replace them. All the bolts that hold the skids are the same.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Default As Far as I can go today

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I like your ingenuity... you can always pick up a couple of bolts and put them on afterwards... as long as you stay off the rocks you'll be fine until then!!
So I'm as far as I can go today. I work near a Fasenal Store, So tomorrow I'll get the bolts there hopefully. I was 2 Bolts short to complete. Funny thing is they sent me 2 extra allen bolts for mounting the side plates...... oh well... These things are freaking heavy duty. I'm very pleased with this upgrade.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

The thread pitch on those I believe are the same as the lower swaybar link bolts ie 12mmx1.5 thread.

Last edited by jadmt; 01-20-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I like mine but I haven't had a chance to bash them on rocks yet. Mine are heavy also, I have a 4 door and I also mounted them myself. One the 4 door, they make two separate steps for the two doors on each side. I didn't like how you only had one small spot to step on and sometimes people may want to step on a little different spot. I called them and had mine made with the step going all the way across and they are one of a kind and bad ass ! I thank them for being so personable and willing to change it up to satisfy just one customer. I guess(i know) that's one way you keep customers coming back, a great product doesn't hurt either !
Old 01-20-2016, 04:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jadmt
The thread pitch on those I believe are the same as the lower swaybar link bolts ie 12mmx1.5 thread.
I think I have a couple of those in my spare parts box from when I took the fixed links off. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep same as shocks/swaybar bolts .. M12x1.5

I
Old 01-21-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I decided to move ahead with the install. So far I have one installed. I think I'm going to be short a bolt since I had to use one that came with the sliders. I used Propane tanks and textbooks to hold the sliders in place....lol
They look good. I look forward to hearing how you like them over time; they're on my short list for sliders this year!

Quick Reply: LOD Rock slider Question.