Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD rear and cb mount

Old 12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD rear and cb mount

i was wondering if anyone has their cb mounted to a LoD gen 2 rear bumper. if so, what mount are you using? Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just used some angle bracket and mounted it to the gate.
I did have to place the antenna mount to the far right to allow for third brake light and rear wiper. Just another idea instead of mounting it to the LoD bumper.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Free bump.... I'm wondering the same thing as I wait for the call that my bumpers are ready. Since I'm too lazy to call and ask, are there antenna mounting locations already there? I'll be wanting to put a dual band antenna somewhere along with the CB antenna, any original ideas I haven't seen a picture of yet?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sburggsx
Free bump.... I'm wondering the same thing as I wait for the call that my bumpers are ready. Since I'm too lazy to call and ask, are there antenna mounting locations already there? I'll be wanting to put a dual band antenna somewhere along with the CB antenna, any original ideas I haven't seen a picture of yet?
I got a Diamond K400C and put it on the tailgate between the hinges. It clears most if not all tire carriers. The Diamond CR-320A sticks up about 6" above the hard top. Even with most of the antenna blocked I can hit repeaters with 2 or 4 watts out.

Quick Reply: LoD rear and cb mount