Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD rear bumper w/ tire carrier issue. please help!!!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD rear bumper w/ tire carrier issue. please help!!!

ok. maybe i am an idiot, but i have come across an issue with the lights supplied by lod for the rear bumper. I got the lights installed fine on the brackets that come on the bumper, but the only way to install them is sideways!!! it clearly says "top" on the lens of the light, but they won't install that way. My "top" is on the side. so when the lights are hooked up, the fog light beam goes up and down instead of left and right. So when my back up lights are on, the beam goes from the street to the sky instead of illuminating to the back and side of my Jeep. surely i did something wrong, right?

does this make sense? i guess i should go out and snap a couple pics, huh??

anyone else have this issue with lod fog lights??
Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a pic. I have the same issue with my front bumper and the lights came pre-installed from LoD.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

bumpity bump bump
Old 09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

My LOD rear came with the lights installed....so for all i know my lights are mounted sideways too lol. Trust me...even mounted sideways they are pretty bright and do the job.

Chuck
Old 09-05-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

i am just worried about blinding anyone who might be behind me....
Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine came not installed but due to the shape of the bumper and the way the brackets attach to the light caused the lights to be mounted with the top to the side. I have not found this to be a problem and if I recall correctly the shape of the bulb may actually work better this way. Your lights are not different from anyone else!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

The problem that I have with it is that my LOD is the front mid-width. I have auxiliary windshield mounted and bumper mounted lights already. I wanted a normal fog light. Right now they serve no purpose. I cannot have them on while driving around the city be cause the beam pattern will interfere with other drivers, off road I already have lights that are better suited. A cats eye beam does nothing for me. I called the guy at LOD today and he told me that he would have to go look at a light to see what could be done.
I find it really strange that they did not figure this out before hand. It should be common knowledge that if you mount a fog light sideways it no longer functions as a fog light due to the beam pattern.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can see your concern using them on the front as a fog light. My LOD stubby uses my relocated factory lights so there is no issue there. My earlier post was about the sideways lights in the rear LOD, I find they work great as back up lights. LOD has good customer service, they should be able to solve your problem.

Quick Reply: LoD rear bumper w/ tire carrier issue. please help!!!