Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lod rear bumper/tire carrier

Old 07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lod rear bumper/tire carrier

Looking to order this bumper within the next week. Just curious to if anyone has experienced any problems with this bumper, I've only heard great things.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:41 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

your biggest problem will most likely be lead time. it's not uncommon to have to wait about 4 weeks to get your bumper but otherwise, it's a great bumper and one that i think you will love.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
your biggest problem will most likely be lead time. it's not uncommon to have to wait about 4 weeks to get your bumper but otherwise, it's a great bumper and one that i think you will love.
Yep, ordered mine from David at Northridge in mid-June and have been told they shipped on Friday. I was ready for the wait so it did not bother me but man I feel like a kid waiting for a birthday present sometimes.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

mine took about 6 weeks, but it was worth it. great set of bumpers.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have an older one, but similar style. the bumper has held up well, no complaints.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

i like mine, just make sure you install it right first time (which is more difficult than it seems since there are no directions!) i didnt install mine totally right the first time and was getting some rattles, called lod, they told me what to fix and its perfect now.

only other thing....i'm not to sure about the powder coating...i've already banged mine a few times and have a bunch of scratches to show for it, all the way down to the metal...seems like the powder coat should be stronger...my spray can bedliner job i did on my front bumper is holding up alot better.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

I have all three items from LOD and love them. Front Bumper, Rear Bumper and Rock Rails. How ever I did have Rino liner sprayed on my rock rails. Wow it looks great. Well worth the wait. Call LOD and they will fix you up. LOD.com
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

The lead time is just there. I received mine last night, started taking it all a part then realized that I didn't have all the pieces . In fact, there was no hardware. So I called after waiting for the Fed Ex truck to swing by today. Well the hardware was just shipped (as I was told) and hopefully it will be here on Friday or by the weekend. So far the bumper looks nice sitting in the garage. As far as the lead time goes, I ordered mine on the 22nd of May, so if you don't mind waiting for it, then order away. I was looking at getting the rock rails and front bumper but, when I order them I am not sure I want to wait that long for them.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the wait was a little lengthy (5 weeks) and the carrier and hardware came the following day...

but it is a perfect setup and I love it. no complaints and I quickly forgot about the wait.. i mean, you already waited this long you know...

Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racer83l
the wait was a little lengthy (5 weeks) and the carrier and hardware came the following day...

but it is a perfect setup and I love it. no complaints and I quickly forgot about the wait.. i mean, you already waited this long you know...
It looks good I am not denying that, it's just that when you drop over a grand on a bumper you expect to get all the pieces when the first ones arrive, not 4 days later. Plus the 4 week lead time I was told about that moved up to 6 (no problem I understand) it would be nice to get a return phone call from the message left or even a courtesy call saying "We are sorry sir, but it is just going to take a week or 2 longer." It's just good business. Leaving people in the dark on products that they paid for up front isn't.

Quick Reply: lod rear bumper/tire carrier