Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD rear bumper

Old 03-27-2014, 11:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last word I got on the new PSC carrier was about a month ago and this was from David at Northridge. He said that PSC was tweeking somethings and that it should be released mid to late summer.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering the LoD bumper (no carrier) with the TeraFlex carrier, but I'm wondering if they'll work together. The LoD bumper doesn't have much of a tire recess, and the TF carrier does keep the tire nice and low.

Anyone ever used these two products together?

Sent via Jeep wave from my NSA-approved domestic espionage device
Old 05-12-2014, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
I'm considering the LoD bumper (no carrier) with the TeraFlex carrier, but I'm wondering if they'll work together. The LoD bumper doesn't have much of a tire recess, and the TF carrier does keep the tire nice and low. Anyone ever used these two products together? Sent via Jeep wave from my NSA-approved domestic espionage device
Doesn't work. I fought that combo for a while. Won't adjust high enough to clear the bumper with a 37. 35 would prob be ok but never tried. sent from my work leash
Old 05-12-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm considering the LoD bumper (no carrier) with the TeraFlex carrier, but I'm wondering if they'll work together. The LoD bumper doesn't have much of a tire recess, and the TF carrier does keep the tire nice and low.

Anyone ever used these two products together?

I have those two. The bumper is great & strong as hell,perfect fit. The T-Flex carrier is excellent, I had to mount the 33" tire in the 35" position for clearance so plan on that. They both are outstanding products.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the LOD full width and love it. I called around to a few different shops that manufacture the popular bumpers and these guys were the only ones that were a joy to talk to. Always picked up the phone and always chatted my ear off with any questions I had. Great bunch of guys to deal with. Due to shipping to Canada, they helped out a bit with that. I had some vision x pod lights I wanted in the bumper instead so I bought some flush mounts online from the states and had it shipped to their shop, they cut out and drilled it perfectly and all I had to do was screw it in. Arrived packaged super well (unlike my ARB front which came in a cardbord box.... nice for $1,100) and they updated me on the status of my order quickly anytime I called.

I went direct to LOD instead of a vendor, but if you go with a vendor, the northridge guys are great do deal with on both sides of the border.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOD quality is excellent and cust serv is great.
I had an Armorlite Mid, switched to a Sig Midwidth up front
Only reason I went Warn in the rear, was to keep my trailer hitch.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scubatech
I have those two. The bumper is great & strong as hell,perfect fit. The T-Flex carrier is excellent, I had to mount the 33" tire in the 35" position for clearance so plan on that. They both are outstanding products.
Hmm ... Well, that is potentially troubling. I plan on 35s when I lift her. Sounds like it *might* work in the 37-inch position.

I've planned on going with Shrockworks, but I'm starting to sweat the weight issue with the 3.8.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:06 AM
JK Jedi

Hmm ... Well, that is potentially troubling. I plan on 35s when I lift her. Sounds like it *might* work in the 37-inch position. I've planned on going with Shrockworks, but I'm starting to sweat the weight issue with the 3.8. Sent via Jeep wave from my NSA-approved domestic espionage device
I don't know if it has a 37" position but if it does I can tell you that a MTZ 37" doesn't fit with the LOD bumper.

sent from my work leash
Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the LOD rear bumper with Teraflex tire carrier. Running Nitto 35s and they fit. But I did have to mount them in the 37 position. Great combo as long as you don't expect to go any bigger.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pxb006
I have the LOD rear bumper with Teraflex tire carrier. Running Nitto 35s and they fit. But I did have to mount them in the 37 position. Great combo as long as you don't expect to go any bigger.
There's the answer. Thanks man

sent from my work leash

Quick Reply: LOD rear bumper