Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Offroad Bumpers - Current Opinions

Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lod bumpers

I have the lod midwidth front bumper with warn winch and expedition one rear bumper with tire carrier. They are both solid and imo look great. The front bumper has a custom plate holder which flips up when the winch is needed. (not yet so far). No issues with either so far.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for you input. I spoke with Chris today and ordered both front shorty and rear linked shorty. Tom Petty said it best...the waiting is the hardest part...

I'll post up pics when I get everything on.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kegnut
Thanks everyone for you input. I spoke with Chris today and ordered both front shorty and rear linked shorty. Tom Petty said it best...the waiting is the hardest part...

I'll post up pics when I get everything on.
You will live the shorty rear linked. I have it and its great. Just keep it greased.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yessamskates
I have the lod front with stinger. It's solid, fit great and looks good. It is a little expensive and takes some time to get (mine took 5 weeks) but is worth the price and wait in my opinion. I ordered through Northridge and Dave was awesome with keeping me updated.
I second that ~ love mine. Always get lots of compliments.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the LOD full width front bumper and it's awesome. I'm going to be ordering the rear soon.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

I don't exactly have what you're asking for, but I went with the LOD front Mid-Width and Full-width Rear with t/c. It only took about six weeks for both to come in and I ordered directly from the company. Install was easy with both, only took a few hours, and couldn't be happier with how they look on my setup. I have zero complaints with them so far. The guy I talked to even hooked me up with their zinc-coated sets on both bumpers for free cause I had trouble looking at their site.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

When you get the bumpers I'd definitely suggest an extra set of hands, they are heavy, and setting them up for measuring is a pain without help, and I would also suggest at least a 3" lift with any set of bumpers that heavy, they'll sag your rig a bit unless you have heavy duty coils.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're gonna install a superwinch on the bumper, let them know when you order. I didn't and ended up having to drill holes in the winch plate to center it up. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Wish they would have had a note on the website or something.

Quick Reply: LoD Offroad Bumpers - Current Opinions