Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Offroad Bumpers - Current Opinions

Old 07-25-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Offroad Bumpers - Current Opinions

What's up people. I'm seriously considering both front and rear bumpers from LOD, but wanted to get some updated opinions from everyone on their product(s). I'm interested in the shorty front and the rear with tire carrier. I'm up in the air on full width or stubby in the rear, so opinions on that would be great as well.

Couple questions:
1. Anyone run these with a RK 2.5 max travel? If so, what there a noticeable sag after install? Overall, how are their bumpers compared to others with regards to weight?
2. I've read some forums stating that they are prone to rust. Most of these comments were from 2010, so any honest feedback about their newer gear? Also, does anyone know what the optional textured black powder coating vs. none? Is "none" bare like JCR?
3. Who did you all order through, and how long did it take to get the goods?

Thanks for all the help!

Kegnut
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the lod front with stinger. It's solid, fit great and looks good. It is a little expensive and takes some time to get (mine took 5 weeks) but is worth the price and wait in my opinion. I ordered through Northridge and Dave was awesome with keeping me updated.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

I have the LOD RC stubby. They added A few tabs so I can use my tow bar. Also went with the Warn Power plant. Mounts nice does not cover the grill.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the LoD stubby rear bumper with tire carrier. So far I love it. I've been off road and no rattles. It's solidly built and the finish seemed good. I opted for the non-linked version just because u lose the option for fuel storage at the latch side with the linked version. It's heavy and I would recomend help with the install just for lifting. I did mine by myself but it would have been easier with another set of hands. My only concern was no lock nuts or lock washers with the hardware included. I went and spent a few extra bucks and bought lock nuts just to help with things possibly rattling loose. Other than that its solid and I feel will last the life of the vehicle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120725_085834.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	345303
Old 07-25-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

See responses below in green.

Originally Posted by kegnut
What's up people. I'm seriously considering both front and rear bumpers from LOD, but wanted to get some updated opinions from everyone on their product(s). I'm interested in the shorty front and the rear with tire carrier. I'm up in the air on full width or stubby in the rear, so opinions on that would be great as well.

Couple questions:
1. Anyone run these with a RK 2.5 max travel? If so, what there a noticeable sag after install? Overall, how are their bumpers compared to others with regards to weight?
Yes, maybe 14-1/2 inch sag. Don't know about weight compared to others but they are real heavy duty. I feel sorry for anyone that runs into the front of back of me.
2. I've read some forums stating that they are prone to rust. Most of these comments were from 2010, so any honest feedback about their newer gear? Also, does anyone know what the optional textured black powder coating vs. none? Is "none" bare like JCR?
Got mine this year and there's a lttle rust in spots mostly noticeable after I wash it. When I see any rust I just hit the spot with a shot of black Rustoleum from a spray can. Call them re the coatings. My front and rear came with the Texture (Powdercoat) Black.
3. Who did you all order through, and how long did it take to get the goods?
Ordered thru Northridge4X4, tooks about 4 weeks for the front and 5 weeks for the rear w/tire carrier, trail rack, Rotopax mounts.
Thanks for all the help!

Kegnut
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

I have had both I currently have just the front with a linked shorty on its way. I have a 2.5 max travel and noticed very little sag 1/4-1/2" also. I order mine direct through Chris at LoD he is a great guy the quality is top notch!

I have no issues with them I found that Dupli-color black trim paint matches the powder coat perfectly to touch up where I banged it on a rock!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lod Rear Bumper

I have the full width on my 08. I have had it for three years now and it is as solid as the day I put it on. It is a little expensive and the wait was long but that being said, it is wirth both the long wait and price. It is a great bumper and their customer service is supberb as far as I am concerned. I have the rack and jeep can option. I just finished running the Rubicon and the full width protected my rear quarter panels nicely. No damage and the bumper held up great. You won't be unhappy if that is the route you go. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Similar Message

I run the LoD mid width front and it is awesome! It will take a beating. I also have the LoD sliders on my 2 dr Rubicon. They are frame mounted and very solid! I ordered the rear full width bumper with Gen 3 carrier today. Went with the non-linked version as well for future trail rack or roto-pax can add ons! I guess you could say I like the LoD stuff!

Not many people down my way in Ga have the LoD pieces, makes my Rubi a little bit unique. Their stuff is a little pricey, but I have been extremely happy with my purchases. I have purchased direct from LoD and from Northridge.

As another poster said, a little black satin rustoleum keeps 'em looking like new!

on!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

I bought front mid width bumper and rock rails directly from LOD. Has been 6 weeks, still waiting...
Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chris at lod has been great and our gen 3 rear bumper is fantastic. He made custom mounting brackets for the specific gas cans we had and wanted for no extra charge. Order the mid width front bumper about a week and a half ago and should be here by Wednesday along with the trail rack for the back which btw is rattle free. Couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: LoD Offroad Bumpers - Current Opinions