Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Offroad 7/8" shackle pin?

Old 11-19-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, 7/8ths that's a monster of a shackle.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My FabFour full width front bumper was set up for 1" shackle pins, and somehow I ended up with 1 1/4" pins, a little time with the dremmel followed by some black paint fixed that right up.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Just went ouside and measure my 7/8' shackle pin, it's a tiny bit smaller than an actual 7/8" , my shackle hole seems to be exactly 7/8", I have a different bumper, but it seems like you should be okay with it. Sorry ,Had a few tonight, rough day, I tend to be a smartass sometimes. But I did go out in the cold to measure a damn shackle. Yep, jeep thang!
Hahaha, No problem! Thanks for going out to measure in the cold.

It seem it is coming down to the shackle itself. Some are saying that their 7/8" shackle has a slightly smaller pin than 7/8" (makes sense). But some are saying the threads on the 7/8" pin makes it a little too big for the 7/8" hole. Hmmmm, man! Maybe I need a few drinks too!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have any equipment or tractor supply places around close? They'd probably let you take one outside to make sure it fit. They also tend to be a bit cheaper on shackles than off-road shops and off the same quality or higher.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Do you have any equipment or tractor supply places around close? They'd probably let you take one outside to make sure it fit. They also tend to be a bit cheaper on shackles than off-road shops and off the same quality or higher.
Yeah, I have a Northern Tool, but that brings up the next part of the problem. I am looking for blue shackles. Blue shackles are hard to find! I have only found them online. The cheapest mod on my jeep is giving me the most problems!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hell, just buy some blue paint, that way when they get scratched up you can just spray them again. That way you can get whatever shade you want too.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have been giving the painting idea some thought.

Quick Reply: LOD Offroad 7/8" shackle pin?