Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD midwidth bumpers + powerplant weight?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD midwidth bumpers + powerplant weight?

Anyone have an idea of how much extra weight an LOD midwidth bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier, and a warn powerplant would add? How much clearance will I lose with the new hardware and how could I gain that clearance back without doing a major lift? Would coil spacers work? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:48 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

you will loose about .5" of lift and yes, coil spacers will work out great to help you regain your lost height.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
you will loose about .5" of lift and yes, coil spacers will work out great to help you regain your lost height.
Wow, that's actually not too bad. Most excellent! Thanks WOL!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aznme1
Anyone have an idea of how much extra weight an LOD midwidth bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier, and a warn powerplant would add? How much clearance will I lose with the new hardware and how could I gain that clearance back without doing a major lift? Would coil spacers work? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Your going to add about 350lbs to your jeep. It will definately change how it drives. It's a slippery slope. Most people add the bumpers then the lift to adjust for the weight of the bumpers. Then wheels and tires to fill the wheel wells. And gearing to get your power back. Oh and then ....

Quick Reply: LOD midwidth bumpers + powerplant weight?