Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Mid-Width Bumper Install

Old 04-24-2009, 10:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Mid-Width Bumper Install

Hey everybody, I'm in the process of installing an LoD front mid-width bumper and was wondering if anyone could tell me what size bolts are used for the 8 main bolts that connect the bumper to the frame? I'm not sure if they are grade 8 bolts and was going to make a trip to the hardware store in the morning to get grade 8 bolts.

Also, would you happen to know the torque for these bolts? I'm thinkng around 60-70 ft-lbs would be more than enough.

This bumper sure does look good on the front of the JK

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

They didn't give you bolts? i would think it comes with the right hardware.
How lond did it take to get the bumper? I ordered mine this week, they say 4 weeks...
Old 04-25-2009, 04:01 AM
JK Junkie

It came with the hardware, but it didn't have the usual grade 8 marking on them and I sheared one off tightening by hand so I'm just going to get some grade 8 bolts for piece of mind. The fit and finish of the bumper was great. I ordered mine from Northridge 4x4.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
It came with the hardware, but it didn't have the usual grade 8 marking on them and I sheared one off tightening by hand so I'm just going to get some grade 8 bolts for piece of mind. The fit and finish of the bumper was great. I ordered mine from Northridge 4x4.
Thats scary that you broke one by hand???

anyone else have this problem with the supplied hardware????

You should be given what you need to install...
Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the front stubby. I used the hardware supplied and am waiting for some warm weather to put on some grade 8. I was too excited to get it on to go out and shop. One thing i would suggest picking up with the bolts would be some lock washers. Mine didn't have locks so i just tightened the poo out of them. I didn't shear any though.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah, it was only one by hand so I put all grade 8 bolts on the main 8 bolts holding the bumper on, didn't have any issues with the others. I'm using the supplied grade 5 bolts that came with the warn winch to install it, should be plenty, I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the Powerplant hardware. I should also note I have not heard of anyone having an issue with the bumper hardware and I know from the forums a lot of people use the hell out of the LoD bumper
Old 04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

If yours broke shouldnt lod provide grade 8 bolts so you dont have to go out and buy some?

Quick Reply: LoD Mid-Width Bumper Install