Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD JK Shorty Front Bumper - Spyshot

Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff09
I saw pictures of your JK on another thread this morning. I see that you are running the LoD short bumper with stinger on your '07. (If I would have taken the time to look at your profile, I would have seen that.)

Nice looking rig!

I like the idea of being able to repair the matte black easily. Have you seen many rigs with the semi-gloss textured? Although I am leaning toward the matte black, I don't want to completely rule out the textured. Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your input.

Jeff
the textured is nice and looks kind of like the black fenders. for me, i prefer the matte smooth finish.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of us live in states where a "Shorty" is not a viable option. I know here in NJ that the bumper has to be a full width or you fail your inspection. No inspection, no registration!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD Short Front Bumper Skid Plate?

Originally Posted by wayoflife
the textured is nice and looks kind of like the black fenders. for me, i prefer the matte smooth finish.
WOL,

I hope you don't mind another question directed to you.

From your pics I see you went with the skid plat for the short bumper. Do you still run it? (If so, I would take it that your opinion is that it's a good investment in protection.)

Thanks

Jeff
Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff09
WOL,

I hope you don't mind another question directed to you.

From your pics I see you went with the skid plat for the short bumper. Do you still run it? (If so, I would take it that your opinion is that it's a good investment in protection.)

Thanks

Jeff
actually, it doesn't protect your rubi disco motor completely as it stops at the lower crossmember. however, it has served me well to help ramp up boulders and for that, i like it a lot.

Quick Reply: LoD JK Shorty Front Bumper - Spyshot