Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD JK Shorty Front Bumper - Spyshot

Old 01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Thumbs up LoD JK Shorty Front Bumper - Spyshot

I’ve just gotten word from LoD that they’ve just completed the preliminary design of their new Jeep JK Wrangler Shorty Front Bumper and a spy shot of it can be seen below....

This bumper was developed in an effort to provide an answer to the all the people looking for an affordable true shorty front bumper that can accomodate Jeep JK Wrangler factory fog lights, a WARN Power Plant winch and comes with an optional hoop. As is the case with all LoD bumpers, this new 48″ wide JK Shorty Front Bumper will also feature 3/16″ laser cut steel plate construction, a recessed winch plate, D-Ring mounts, tapered ends and an optional sway bar disconnect motor skid plate for those who have Rubicons. Official pricing for this bumper has not been released yet but it’s estimated that it will be somewhere in the $500 range. As far as availability goes, LoD is expecting to have these on sale and shipping before spring.

If you have questions about this or any LoD products, please contact 4×4xplor.com, the official vendor of all LoD products at: sales@4×4xplor.com

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-09-2008 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice. I like the location of the fog lights. I wish my Shrockworks mid-width had them located there. It does seem like they'd be in the way of the winch placement where they're at, but I guess that's compensated by depth.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has some very unique lines that have not beed built yet for a JK stubby. I think the winch hoop needs to be powder coated too though. Nice.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and just when I thought I settled on a bumper that I wanted.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by tgrt
Looks nice. I like the location of the fog lights. I wish my Shrockworks mid-width had them located there. It does seem like they'd be in the way of the winch placement where they're at, but I guess that's compensated by depth.
Yes, I wondered about the fog lights as well have been told that the front extends out a bit past the frame rail mounts to allow for enough room to install them.

Originally Posted by Robar
It has some very unique lines that have not beed built yet for a JK stubby. I think the winch hoop needs to be powder coated too though. Nice.
LOL!! It's just a prototype spyshot and the final production piece will be poweder coated
Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Those fog lights look like they were PSed on.

I don't think it's possible to mount the powerplant and fogs there unless that bumper sticks out about 8" further then any other on the market.
They also look to be directly in front of the frame rails.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the new lines, that is a bit different. Cant wait to see a final production version
Old 01-09-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

OMG! WANT!

What do I with my current LoD mid width?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:27 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by SDMF
Looks like you could squeeze four lights on that hoop...
I will ask if they could have light tabs welded on as an option.

Originally Posted by FuLcRuM
Those fog lights look like they were PSed on.

I don't think it's possible to mount the powerplant and fogs there unless that bumper sticks out about 8" further then any other on the market.
They also look to be directly in front of the frame rails.
They were PSd on but only because they only had one fog light to work with. I am assured that it does work and it isn't sticking 8" out. In any case, I have asked for one for installation and review and will be able to tell you for sure once I get it.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

that is HAWWT

i wander how far forward that thing sits in order to accomodate the fog lights

the lines are totally unique, big kudos to them for this, looks like another hit!!!

Quick Reply: LoD JK Shorty Front Bumper - Spyshot