Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Gen 3 Tire carrier

Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the G3 stubby and its not linked to the door.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raidue
Seems to me there were a couple of tradeoffs on that version due to the fact that the gates are linked. I think it had something to do with having the Jerry can mounts on both sides.

You may want to give them a call before u order as I do recall there was a tradeoff with having them linked.
Originally Posted by pelonrubio
I have the G3 stubby and its not linked to the door.

It's an option. you can still get the tire carrier that releases on its own without being attached, but you can also get this one that attaches to the rear gate. it says you can only mount gas cans to the passenger side. They only have one small picture. I want to see more pictures and more detail.

http://www.lodoffroad.com/xcart/prod...cat=269&page=1
Old 05-27-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Does anybody know if you can upgrade the tire carrier from a 2nd gen bumper to this new 3rd gen that links to the door?? I think that would be a great improvement.. I don't want to have to buy/install a whole new bumper..

In a sort of related question, does anybody know if the Rotopax side carriers for the 3rd gen bumper will fit on a 2nd gen carrier??

I emailed LOD a couple weeks ago with no response..
Old 05-27-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

There are more pics on the LOD site, I always stumble on to it but cant find it when I am actually looking for it.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Northridge 4x4 has pictures of the gen 3 on thier websight...
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Gen 3

I'm looking into getting this bumper as well! I've done plenty of research, so here it is:

The Generation 3 tire carrier (new version) is made in both the standard and "linked" version.

The standard carrier opens independently from the rear door... However, the "linked" version links the tailgate to the rear door and opens simultaneously with the door handle for easier access... Both versions are the same price!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered one last week. I ask Chris how they were running on prodution. He promised me I would have one in three weeks. So if you can wait I'll be happy to post my opinion.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

I actually just ordered one of these Friday from David at Northridge I can't wait to get it but he said 4-6 weeks it is going to be a long 4-6 weeks.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

I got mine in yesterday. Got it put on last night. Looks great and everything functions as described. Took it for a ride to the girlfriends and it had a rattle. Came home tonight and did some easy adjustments and quiet as can be. Post picks latter this evening
Old 01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Newbie

Great bumper I love mine and super silent

Quick Reply: LOD Gen 3 Tire carrier