Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LOD Gen 3 Tire carrier

Old 03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOD Gen 3 Tire carrier

LOD Door Linked Signature Series Rear Bumper with the Generation 3 Tire Carrier System - Is anyone rolling this bumper yet? And does this come in a stubby version? Any pics and feedback would be great. I am very curious as to how well the carrier works. I am very interested in a tire carrier that opens with the tailgate.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...e-Carrier-Pics
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

yep, that's not the bumper i am talking about. that's the old version. they have a new one that opens with the tailgate, like Expedition One and AEV.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in the idea, but it doesn't look like the LoD Gen 3 bumper has that feature. At least not on the feature list on their web site.

If you look at the Gen 3 photos and description, it operates separately from the rear door. It looks like the 3rd brake light is mounted directly to the door, but nothing else.

Originally Posted by LoD Offroad
Generation 3 Features
-CNC Laser Cut for Precision Fitment
-Protective Plastic positioned at metal contact points to eliminate powder coating wear and rust
-Tire Carrier Locks in the Open position for rear door accessibility
-Adjustable Jerry Can mounting Height
-Adjustable Trail Rack mounting Height
-Adjustable Tire Mounting Height
-Capable of carrying a PowerTank (Driver or Passenger Side Mounting)
-Holds up to 40" spare tire (Limited to 37"spare with gas can holders)
-Available with a two (2) stage Zinc Enriched Primer Powder Coating
-Capable of carrying many different configurations of RotoPax Gas Cans (2 and 3 gallon)
-Capable of carrying Blitz style Jerry Cans (Mount now includes over the can steel strap)
-Includes Mounting Provisions for High-Lift jacks (Easily accesible w/o removing tire)
-Includes Mounting bracket for CB Antenna
-Carrier System designed to prevent water and trail debris build-up
-New third Brake Light mount attaches directly to the rear door
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

According to LOD what I got is the Gen 3 design, I know what are you talking about but I'm not sure how are they gonna call it

https://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.p...e-Carrier-Pics
Old 03-28-2011, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Krynn
I'm interested in the idea, but it doesn't look like the LoD Gen 3 bumper has that feature. At least not on the feature list on their web site.

If you look at the Gen 3 photos and description, it operates separately from the rear door. It looks like the 3rd brake light is mounted directly to the door, but nothing else.
This is what i am seeing on their website.

2007-Present Jeep JK Door Linked Signature Series Fullwidth Rear Bumper with the Generation 3 Tire Carrier System

All New!! This Tire Carrier system is linked to the rear door. You simply open your rear door as you normally would and the carrier system follows the door. When you shut the door the link arm pulls the carrier into the door for a secure and rattle-free set-up! This system is linked to the rear door to provide ease of access to the rear of your vehicle. This system is designed to carry a High-Lift jack as well as any of the three styles of gas can mounts we offer. The Gas can mounts will only be available for the passenger side of this system.

The Fullwidth Signature Series Rear bumper is constructed of a combination of 10 gauge, 3/16", and 1/4" steel. The bumper is designed to fit the rear of the Jeep and match right up to the stock factory fender flares. This bumper incorporates an integrated 2" receiver that bolts directly into the rear cross-member of the frame. The bumper also comes standard with two fully welded shackle mounts that accept 3/4" shackles with up to a 7/8" pin. We also provide an optional light kit that includes two (2)-55 watt halogen lights with wiring and a switch. The bumper comes standard with provisions for bolting in the lights we provide with the optional kit. Watch the video to see the strength of this bumper and the protection it will provide!

Door Linked Carrier System Features
-Protective Plastic positioned at metal contact points to eliminate powder coating wear and rust
-Tire Carrier is Linked Directly to Rear Door

-Adjustable Contact Points for closed position

-Capable of carrying a PowerTank (Passenger Side Mounting Only)
-Holds up to 37" spare tire (Limited to 37"spare due to strength of factory door latch)
-Capable of carrying many different configurations of RotoPax Gas Cans (2 and 3 gallon)
-Capable of carrying Blitz style Jerry Cans (Mount now includes over the can steel strap)
-Includes Mounting Provisions for High-Lift jacks (Easily accesible w/o removing tire)
-Optional adjustable 3rd Brake Light mount attaches directly to the rear door
Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MancationJEEP
This is what i am seeing on their website.

2007-Present Jeep JK Door Linked Signature Series Fullwidth Rear Bumper with the Generation 3 Tire Carrier System

All New!! This Tire Carrier system is linked to the rear door. You simply open your rear door as you normally would and the carrier system follows the door. When you shut the door the link arm pulls the carrier into the door for a secure and rattle-free set-up! This system is linked to the rear door to provide ease of access to the rear of your vehicle. This system is designed to carry a High-Lift jack as well as any of the three styles of gas can mounts we offer. The Gas can mounts will only be available for the passenger side of this system.

The Fullwidth Signature Series Rear bumper is constructed of a combination of 10 gauge, 3/16", and 1/4" steel. The bumper is designed to fit the rear of the Jeep and match right up to the stock factory fender flares. This bumper incorporates an integrated 2" receiver that bolts directly into the rear cross-member of the frame. The bumper also comes standard with two fully welded shackle mounts that accept 3/4" shackles with up to a 7/8" pin. We also provide an optional light kit that includes two (2)-55 watt halogen lights with wiring and a switch. The bumper comes standard with provisions for bolting in the lights we provide with the optional kit. Watch the video to see the strength of this bumper and the protection it will provide!

Door Linked Carrier System Features
-Tire Carrier is Linked Directly to Rear Door

-Adjustable Contact Points for closed position

-Capable of carrying a PowerTank (Passenger Side Mounting Only)
-Holds up to 37" spare tire (Limited to 37"spare due to strength of factory door latch)
-Optional adjustable 3rd Brake Light mount attaches directly to the rear door
I see it, I guess both the bumper I got and the one with the Linkage have the Gen 3 tire carrier
Old 03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have pictures of the link setup? I'm wondering if I could make my own.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm trying to learn more about this bumper/tire carrier too. I like the idea of it opening with the rear gate.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems to me there were a couple of tradeoffs on that version due to the fact that the gates are linked. I think it had something to do with having the Jerry can mounts on both sides.

You may want to give them a call before u order as I do recall there was a tradeoff with having them linked.

Quick Reply: LOD Gen 3 Tire carrier