Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD Front and Rear Bumper Observations and a Suggestion

Old 01-13-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the rear LoD bumper w/ tire carrier a couple weeks ago. I well say this for those with it not fitting right. I had to tighten up the driver side bolts first to suck it in so the other bolts in the middle of the bumper would line up. I first tightened the passenger side and things wouldn't line up. No biggie and fairly common with stuff you bolt on. Remember to loosely bolt everything together so everything lines up, if doesn't. Then tighten the bolts on the side you need it to move to suck it up.

Pros:
1. Looks great.
2. As functional as you would expect.
3. Pre-drilled holes for mounting other goodies like the hi-lift, jerry cans or whatever.
4. Hitch receiver
5. Zerk fitting for greasing the tire carrier was unexpected bonus.
6. Little tool box is unique

Cons:
1. No instructions...but it wasn't hard to figure out.
2. Powder coat could be thicker and stronger. I've already chipped it in a few places....nothing the spray on bed-liner can't fix.
3. The ORANGE handle sticks out like a sore thumb. I painted it and the rest of the shiny hardware with some black spray-on truck bed liner before I installed it
4. The little tool box lid rattles like crazy and is not waterproof and drains out of
the receiver. I'm still looking for a permanent fix...
5. Covers the rear license plate a little bit and could mean a ticket from the wrong cop.

Quick Reply: LoD Front and Rear Bumper Observations and a Suggestion