Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lod Front Mid Width Bumper Fog Light Issue

Old 04-12-2012, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lod Front Mid Width Bumper Fog Light Issue

Hey guys. I just installed my LOD mid width bumper today. I didn't have factory fog lights installed, so I got LOD to send me a set of aftermarket ones. Are there different brackets on the bumper to mount factory fogs and after market ones? It seems like there's a special bracket for aftermarket fogs on my bumper and now i won't be able to install factory ones. Is that correct?
Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The factory fogs fit on the LOD bumper posts, you just have to drill them out. Not sure about after markets, but they may mount up differently than the stockers. If you do need a bracket, it should be removable should you ever need to go back to stock fogs
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by qwertyui
Hey guys. I just installed my LOD mid width bumper today. I didn't have factory fog lights installed, so I got LOD to send me a set of aftermarket ones. Are there different brackets on the bumper to mount factory fogs and after market ones? It seems like there's a special bracket for aftermarket fogs on my bumper and now i won't be able to install factory ones. Is that correct?
I also have the aftermarket fogs from LOD. I'm pretty sure they weld a different bracket on depending on which fogs you specify. As you know, the bumper that is set up for the aftermarket fogs has just a one hole bracket that you bolt the fogs onto, but the factory fogs have a different bracket because it has 4 mounting points instead of one. Take a look at this pic from WayOfLife's write-up on the stubby bumper. You might be in a tough spot if you're now trying to go with the factory fogs.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Stay with the aftermarket fogs. They will put out more light then the factory ones.

Quick Reply: Lod Front Mid Width Bumper Fog Light Issue