Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD/Expedition One Bumper finish match?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD/Expedition One Bumper finish match?

I'm looking to mix and match bumpers with an LoD mid-width front and an Expedition One rear w/tire carrier.

Anyone know if the matte black or textured black finish on the LoD would be closer to the finish on the Exp One? Thinking the matte black would be the closest, but curious if anyone's got this setup or has seen this combo together and can tell me for sure.

(Yes, I care about these sorts of things)
Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the exact same question. I already have the exp 1 rear and will be ordering my LOD stinger soon. I'm only an hour away from the shop that does the powdercoating for expedition one bumpers so i'm considering ordering one un-finished then taking it up to get powdercoated. I did speak w/ Dave at Northridge 4 x 4, (they sell both) and asked him this question (his website offers black powder coat or bare steel for LOD). He told me "they are very close". It would save me time and money if I knew they would look good together straight from the factory.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's my thought as well. I know I can order them both bare and have them powder coated, but trying to save myself the headache. It would be great if I knew I could have them both arrive from the factory with roughly the same finish.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have any feedback here? TIA!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got these pics of Expedition One's powder coat from Sarah at Expedition One (thanks Sarah!). Anyone with an LoD bumper want to chime in with which LoD finish better matches this? Post a closeup pic if you've got one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	newcoat1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	128591Click image for larger version

Name:	newcoat3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	128592

Quick Reply: LoD/Expedition One Bumper finish match?