Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD door link carrier install instructions

Old 07-16-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LoD door link carrier install instructions

Anyone know where to get some? Can't find anything on the LoD site, and no instructions came in the boxes. There are quite a few parts. Maybe I can wing it, but that always makes more work.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called LoD and they don't have any instructions yet, but he sent me some pics that were good enough to get the job done. The install was slightly more painful than I expected, but not terrible. Getting everything level was rough because the fit to the frame was so tight it was really hard to move anything. I'm also at the edge of the range on a few things, like the bumpstops for the gate are maxed out and the tire mount adjustment is all the way in and the tire is not as snug as I'd like against the frame. One of the provided bolts wasn't long enough so I had to scrounge one from my stash... But all in all it's a high quality product and it seems like it'll hold up for a good while.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I believe the issue with the tire not being as snug as you'd like is just with backspacing. But the LOD setup looks amazing!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK.nick
I believe the issue with the tire not being as snug as you'd like is just with backspacing. But the LOD setup looks amazing!
Yeah, I guess my backspacing is off the charts with the MB72's... The in/out range is adjustable on the LoD and I have it all the way in. Oh well, it seems snug enough.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

How's the linked carrier holding up? Also, how did you get the bumper without the rear lights?
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

Go figure, LOD without instructions for something.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

So far so good. I haven't beaten the snot out of it, but it's gone off road a few times. No rattles, but something might be clunking on big jounces. I haven't been able to nail it down.

I just ordered without lights, no issue.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is that the mid width? I'm contemplating the full width myself and am curious. Any pics of the actual linking mechanism? Just curious how it works out.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuccaneerJK
Is that the mid width? I'm contemplating the full width myself and am curious. Any pics of the actual linking mechanism? Just curious how it works out.
This is the stubby. It's as wide as the body. This is the best pic I have of the insides. All it boils down to is a adjustable rod that connects the gate and carrier and pulls them tightly together against some rubber stops.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it anything like this?

h..p://www.quadratec.com/products/13008_1024.htm

Quick Reply: LoD door link carrier install instructions