Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LoD bumpers

Old 01-23-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the LOD rear bumper and basket and am very pleased with it. I ordered directly from LOD and I think I waited about 4-5 weeks. Only complaint is that the built in Hi Lif Jack mount required that the spare be removed before you can access the jack and the spare mount required a TF spare tire spacer to mount the spare with stock wheels.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Ohhhhh,, I was afraid of that with the stock wheels. I did ask the question and was told I should not need one. I don't want to have to wait for one to show up after I get my bumper,, and I don't want to order one if I don't need it.
How long ago did you get your bumper Jbroom? maybe things have changed.

Originally Posted by Jbroom
I have the LOD rear bumper and basket and am very pleased with it. I ordered directly from LOD and I think I waited about 4-5 weeks. Only complaint is that the built in Hi Lif Jack mount required that the spare be removed before you can access the jack and the spare mount required a TF spare tire spacer to mount the spare with stock wheels.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfreeddo
Again poor iPhone pics but here's my midwidth front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great !! Congrats.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah man LOD makes really nice bumpers. I am going with their front stubby with fog lights. Have to wait till March to order mine but looking forward to it!!

I am still loviing my JK!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:12 AM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

I absolutely love mine. The Jeep is actually quieter now than when I had the spare on my tailgate - not a single rattle or clunk! The only thing I'm not a fan of is having to take the entire bumper off to get to the lights. Hopefully they never burn out and it's not an issue!

BTW, don't expect to get everything at once. I got my bumper on Saturday, tire carrier on Monday, lights and mouting hardware on Wednesday, and 3rd Brake Light bracket on Friday. Instructions... still waiting for those
Old 01-24-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

So from those of u with the gen2 rear bumper and storage rack, this system won't rattle? I had a bad experience ordering from another vendor and I am considering ordering lod front and gen2.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Default Elise?

Originally Posted by JTG
Just installed it Thursday night! Absolutely love it, this thing is rock solid. BTW, sorry for the shitty iPhone pics...

Is that a Lotus Elise next to your JK?...Thats soon to be the arrangement in my garage!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

My bumper and tire rack was sitting on my porch tonight when I got home from work. My 3rd brake light is due tomorrow !!! Install is right around the corner.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

What did you guys do to run wires for the 3rd brake light?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default LoD Bumpers

For those of you with the mid width front.... what is involved in getting the factory fogs in the bumper? I understand that you have to "lengthen" the wires for the factory fogs to fit in the bumper?

What has been your experience with that? Is it a problem?

Quick Reply: LoD bumpers