Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lod Bumper w/Grill guard

Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks really good...I have been waiting for Shrockworks to come out with a mid-length version of their stubby with holes for fog lights, but LoD is the exact length I want AND already has fog light capability. Only thing missing from LoD is a hoop...how hard would it be to fab a forward leaning hoop similar to what's on Shrockworks' stubby and add that to the LoD where the bumper steps down on each side? I am not really interested in a winch bumper, just the right length with a hoop for the grill that goes from side to side...if I thought I could fab up a hoop on the LoD, I would forego the Shrockworks, it seems that what I am looking for from them is months down the road if at all...

Also, does anyone have the weight of the LoD front non-winch bumper?

Thanks

glwood
Old 05-04-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by glwood6
That looks really good...I have been waiting for Shrockworks to come out with a mid-length version of their stubby with holes for fog lights, but LoD is the exact length I want AND already has fog light capability. Only thing missing from LoD is a hoop...how hard would it be to fab a forward leaning hoop similar to what's on Shrockworks' stubby and add that to the LoD where the bumper steps down on each side? I am not really interested in a winch bumper, just the right length with a hoop for the grill that goes from side to side...if I thought I could fab up a hoop on the LoD, I would forego the Shrockworks, it seems that what I am looking for from them is months down the road if at all...

Also, does anyone have the weight of the LoD front non-winch bumper?

Thanks

glwood
I'm not sure of the bumper weight, but I would guess around 60/70 lbs.
I to was pretty bummed when I saw all these other bumpers with hoops and grill guards. Come on Lod........that would seem to be pretty simple , not to mention a real $eller. Since I have the patience of a 5th grader, I made my own. I do have all the pieces (minus the cross bars) to make one more if any one wants to buy them.

Quick Reply: Lod Bumper w/Grill guard