Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

locking lugs

Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the Mopar locks, being pretty good as a deterent to the average thief As far as the heavyduty thief, wheel locks will not stop him, hell just have the JK on a rollback in no time and deal with the wheel locks later.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of gorilla lug locks. The seem to do the trick. If anthing it keeps the casual thief from stealing the spare in a parking lot. I am sure if someone spends some time and has the right tools, they could get the locks off.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to remove the five wheel locks that came on my JK and replace with factory lug nuts. I don't like the idea of losing the special socket or having to deal with it out on the trail. If anyone in the SoCal area is interested in trading for five excellent condition factory lug nuts I'd be up for a trade.

Quick Reply: locking lugs