Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

locking lugs

Old 07-10-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locking lugs

are they worth the money or do the criminals just pound a socket on them or cut them off somehow
Old 07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
nt6977

I bought a set for my ride, even if it slows them down. No sence in making it easy on them.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

possumface- I would put a set on, but buy a good set. I bought a set of cheapies at Advance, they work great but the chrome is brittle and they are peeling after tightening them the first time.... China you know...
Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 AM
JK Jedi

Like most theft preventatives, better than nothing and good against quick opportunists, but a pro or dedicated thief will get their way.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, this keeps coming up, so I gotta ask....

how many thieves run around with a collection of sockets (5each mind you to grab all the tires) and a sledge hammer and a pair of vicegrips in the gargantua range, to pull off wheel locks???

kinda think for the casual thief, 50-60 pounds of gear is a little more than they'll be sportin' on a daily basis.

~unless of course that is why their pants are half off their asses exposing their underwear skidmarks for the world to see...

Half a Craftsman store in your pockets i guess would pull them down.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got a set from Mopar for $40 [5] that are high quality and have random key patterns so not all keys are alike.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by claymore
I got a set from Mopar for $40 [5] that are high quality and have random key patterns so not all keys are alike.
same thing i have on mine.

I am not deluded, i know a determined thief will get them if they want them, but like has been said many times about this, the casual thief will likely move on to an easier target because of them.

It's like locking my doors to my soft top jeep. I am not retarded enough to think it makes it szecure, It just helps to keep marginally honest people honest. I know any thief who wants to waste more than a thumbpress to see if it is unlocked will be into it in an instant, but it DOES keep the neighborhood kids from using it as a jungle gym and rifling through my console and glovebox.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hell, I roll up the windows and lock my doors when the top is down. I figure if they just open a door no one will notice, but if they crawl in the back someone MIGHT take note !
Old 07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by claymore
Hell, I roll up the windows and lock my doors when the top is down. I figure if they just open a door no one will notice, but if they crawl in the back someone MIGHT take note !
X2
Old 07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default me too

i do the same thing...lock the doors with the soft top on. but i only use one lug lock and thats on the spare tire just to piss em off...im ordering a two way alarm with remote start in a few weeks as well...

Quick Reply: locking lugs