Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lockers vs. bigger tires

Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CT Rubi
Just know that if you go with bigger tires you are opening Pandora’s Box. In order to run bigger tires you need to lift it, in order to power the new tires you will probably also want to regear. Larger tires are too heavy for the tailgate so you will also need to replace your rear bumper with one that includes a tire carrier. Oh, did I also mention replacing the drive shafts?

I guess it depends on what you are running now, if they are AT you may want to go with tires first... just know what you are starting.

Amen . . . truer words have never been spoken.

Tires would be my first upgrade as they yield the biggest, by far, improvement for offroad performance. You may not get through a rock garden in style with 35s, but you could get though. Little tires and lockers? . . . no chance.

Quick Reply: Lockers vs. bigger tires