Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lockers.. help

Old 03-07-2014, 01:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lockers.. help

Ok so my question is what brand/ kind of lockers should I get and how do they work. I know how lockers work in general, but how do you engage them I should say. I've got a 13 Sahara with the LSD. I know how electronic lockers work like in the rubi but what other options do I have?
Old 03-07-2014, 03:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kschenkel
Ok so my question is what brand/ kind of lockers should I get and how do they work. I know how lockers work in general, but how do you engage them I should say. I've got a 13 Sahara with the LSD. I know how electronic lockers work like in the rubi but what other options do I have?
I'd stay with a selectable locker since they have better handling on and offload. There are several different types on the market. A little work here on the forum and I'm sure you will find all the answers you are looking for. Ox has a cable that is pushed or pulled, ARB uses air lines and actuators, and eaton uses electronics.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

You will have to go with a selectable locker with the new 3.6 are you planning on locking your dana 30?
Old 03-07-2014, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Crawl_jk

You will have to go with a selectable locker with the new 3.6 are you planning on locking your dana 30?
At first I wanted to upgrade to a Dana 44 but its seems like it would be much cheaper to beef up my 30 instead.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At first I wanted to upgrade to a Dana 44 but its seems like it would be much cheaper to beef up my 30 instead.
until the first time you break it. heres a good read on lockers.

http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/locker.php

theres a few other sites with info like this as well.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Selectable is the way to go. More expensive yes but drivability makes up for it in my book. I happen to have eaton e-locker and 4.88 gears for 30 in my garage. I upgraded to a prorock 44. I did break the 30. So that's something to consider. Although I did not have it beefed up.

Quick Reply: lockers.. help