Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lockers?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump... Interested in doing front and rear truetracs... Anybody running this combo in winter weather yet?
Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

A few of the TrueTrac threads from last winter had slick weather driveability reports, shouldn't take too long to search for them. I believe one guy even stated that he would perform that experiment for dynatrac. (didn't see a follow-up on it, but it may be there as well.)

Try this one. It has some winter feedback and some good info by Dyna.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=truetrac

Last edited by nthinuf; 10-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
A few of the TrueTrac threads from last winter had slick weather driveability reports, shouldn't take too long to search for them. I believe one guy even stated that he would perform that experiment for dynatrac. (didn't see a follow-up on it, but it may be there as well.)

Try this one. It has some winter feedback and some good info by Dyna.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=truetrac
Yea I searched and found these threads this is one of them and the one you mentioned is the other. Wanted to bump this one for updates on the experiment and to see if anyone had anymore winter driving comments. Thanks
Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
I haven't seen the JK system work with a Truetrac so I can't say for sure how it works. I did a test with a Nissan Titan (with a Truetrac rear diff) with one tire on the ground and the other tire was in the air. The truck drove right off the jack stand.

How about it rear Truetrac guys? Willing to do the test?
The BLD system on the JK actually works very well with the Truetracs. With one wheel off the ground, both tires keep turning without feathering the brake and the Jeep keeps moving forward. I've been meaning to make a video of it in action. For snow and ice conditions, the Truetracs are hard to beat.

Last edited by river2c; 10-26-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Lockers?