Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Locker Options for Rubi Front Dana 44

Old 10-25-2012, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Locker Options for Rubi Front Dana 44

Outside of the factory e-locker and upgrading to a 35 spline count ARB locker and RCV shafts, are there any other options we have? I am shocked that no one makes a 35 spline count shaft other than RCV and I believe the lower spline lockers like the ARB 30 spline won't work in a front Rubi d-44 housing. Is this correct? Do we have no other options or am I missing something?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

OX has a Rubi replacement version that still uses 30 sp shafts.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks! I'll take a look. A buddy of mine just scored a Rubi 44 front housing for cheap and he is going to build it up to replace his d30. He was trying to avoid either driopping big bucks on a factory e-locker or going with ARB and needing to basically double the cost of upgraded axle shafts (chromoly vs RCV). This wil give him another potential option. I know that once my factory locker craps out, I'm going to be replacing everything with a PR44.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

We are having trouble finding the Ox locker. Their website only seems to have the non-rubi 44 listed. Does anyone have a part number or link?

Edit*** Never mind. Found it on 4 wheel parts its part number OXLD44-JKR-30

Last edited by mpkelley20; 10-25-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Locker Options for Rubi Front Dana 44