Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Locker combo

Old 08-19-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locker combo

So I've been researching lockers and can't find what i'm looking for

I do a decent amount of trail, some mud and water, it snows here in the winter.

I'm installing 4:88's soon in my 2dr 6spd and want to put lockers and sleeves in why i have it all apart.
now as to what combo. I have the stock lsd now that keeps burning up but I like the concept.
The choice I have is air, e, or a detroit style locker.

It has been suggested Detroit in the rear selectable up front, two selectibles, or two detroit tru tracks.
I like the idea of the tru track(put them in they will engage when needed) but have heard that an lsd type locker in the front will make my steering rough, suck in the snow and kill me why turning in the mud.

So what to do?
Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Read the posts by Dynatrac in this thread

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...28-best-locker

My previous vehicle was a Ram with a Detroit rear, TruTrac front. Great offroad, but not the best choice for a DD on icy freeways. If you go that route, take it easy and learn how it will react on slippery surfaces.

For the JK, I am considering either an e-locker or arb front, and a detroit or arb rear. Decisions decisions...
Old 08-19-2010, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

tru tracks all around!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Excellent question.... I wrestled with this for awhile... I have the factory limited slip in the rear. I ran the Aussie locker in the front for awhile, but I had some problems with it spitting the caps of my front shaft u-joints. I ended up putting the ARB/Superior Super 30 in it...

I really like the ability to lock it when I need and leave it open for better wheeling... It's pricey, but the best option. IMO!

Quick Reply: Locker combo