Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Location for switches??

Old 04-07-2007, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's where I mounted 2 KC switches that came with my lights. I drew up a full size template in a CAD program to get the spacing right. You can actually squeeze 3 in there, but you'll have to be dead nuts on when you drill, there's only .030 between them. This mounting location won't work for a Unlimited w/power windows, but fine for the others.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool.. I like it.

There was someone here that mounted six rocker switches in that location.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Once again another high quality product from cooltech but me having a 2 door with power windows and no need for 5 swithes. I think I'm going with John L's do it yourself switch location. Thanks cooltech & John L

Originally Posted by John L
Here's where I mounted 2 KC switches that came with my lights. I drew up a full size template in a CAD program to get the spacing right. You can actually squeeze 3 in there, but you'll have to be dead nuts on when you drill, there's only .030 between them. This mounting location won't work for a Unlimited w/power windows, but fine for the others.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
JK Freak

Nota4re: I like the switch mount and your other products. I think I'll need it soon. How much room is between the switch plate and the shift boot?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

If ordered without the swiches are the holes cut out?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nota4re
John L,

That's a very good looking solution! Great job.
Thank you, I do try....
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nota4re
billycj7,

That said, and trying to be attentive to feedback, I have adjusted the price of the SwitchMount. (Please check again!) However, please note that in the near future, I plan to add distributors for Cool Tech products and when this happens, some of the prices may be notchd up a bit to help offset some of the 25-35% distributor margins....

This is the plate - sold with or without switches. What or how you want to wire it is up to the individual.

Nota4re --- Thanks for your concern to your customers, thats why you have such a stron reputation around JK owners!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll find a use for 5 switches. I love custom switches!

Lets see.... extra fog lights... maybe light bar or windshield hinge lights... backup lights... some kind of interior l.e.d. setup (1 or 2 switches for that)...

Oh plus a switch that activates Hummer defense mode! ...let's see... hmm nails dropped behind the JK won't work, plus it could mess up other drivers including another Jeep.
How bout a "Mud Cannon"? Yeah... a multi-directional unit with a lovely black textured finish.
They'll be at the car wash quicker than you can re-load.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

me like, im deff going to need one of those. how hard is it to install, it looks like it just screws into the factory screws..?? how hard is the factory piece to remove..?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered with the switches I will let everyone know how it works out.

Quick Reply: Location for switches??