Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Location for switches??

Old 04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location for switches??

I need to install 3 rocker switches and cannot figure out where to put them. There is no room on the dash anywhere. Does anyone know if anyone makes a blank surface mount type of pod that can be mounted to the dash.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

any installed pics? where does it go?
Old 04-05-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I resized the pic. Click here for the super big one.

Also, this from the Cool Tech website:

The Cool Tech SwitchMount was designed to provide an OEM-matching appearance while allowing you to mount switches for the accessories you may be adding to your JK such as, off-road lights, on-board air, rock lights, lockers, etc. The SwitchMount not only looks good, but it is also very easy to install. Complete installation will literally take only 5 minutes. This version of the SwitchMount is shipped with (5) pre-drilled 1/2" holes to accept any standard switch using a 1/2" hole for mounting.
Not sure exactly where it goes...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

pretty sure it goes down at bottom of the center of the console?
where and ash tray would be....

bastards took out the ash tray!
Old 04-05-2007, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

why are the switches offset? do you have plans on making it available with anything else pre-installed?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nader
any installed pics? where does it go?
Yeah... what he said! Actually, that looks pretty cool. I might be interested in this... so post some good pics. ORRRR... you can send me a free one and I will take all the pictures of it you want.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nader
why are the switches offset? do you have plans on making it available with anything else pre-installed?
I believe the switches are offset because of the 4WD shift, the shift makes it hard to use any switch that would be there. And, it does go where the blank is in front of the shift.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nota,

With the long toggles, is there any chance that having the 6spd, my manual shifter/boot will rub against the toggles. I have thought about putting my switches down there, but was affriad they may get in the way of normal shifting.

B
Old 04-06-2007, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a great idea! I am a huge supporter to the cooltech products, I have the antenna mount and the versa mount also. As soon as I saw this I went quickly to their website. I was astounded when i saw the price for the mount without switches! (75 bucks). It is going to be hard for me to justify this expense. What a bummer that the JK accessories are getting so expensive. I understand that there is alot of expense in delevoping these accessories but the vendors need to realize that the people they are marketing these to are really middle class people with families that need to be more prudent with their money. The hummer owners are a different story.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Freak

so waite, how does this al work, does it just have two wires coming out from it to run to the battery...? like, how does it get power

Quick Reply: Location for switches??