Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Is a Load E, 10 ply tire to much for a JKU?

Old 08-24-2017, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran E rated tires for a while. Biggest thing to remember is 20lbs in a C rated tire is different than in a E rated tire because of the stiffer side wall. If your use to running at one psi you may have to go a couple more psi in the E rated tires to get the side wall flex and wider foot print.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MacRubi2
I think you will be fine.

I run stiff TeraFlex springs and could definitely tell a difference.

Two of the guys I wheel with run the AEV springs in there JKUR and they ride like Caddies compared to me 😂
Interesting, I'm running OME HD springs with the Falcon 3.3s and rode in an AEV equipped JKU about a month ago and mine rides MUCH better IMO. That being said, I have the E load Nittos in 35s and will be going to a C next time. I think they're too stiff. Even when I air down to 15 psi, they don't flex a whole lot.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Interesting, I'm running OME HD springs with the Falcon 3.3s and rode in an AEV equipped JKU about a month ago and mine rides MUCH better IMO. That being said, I have the E load Nittos in 35s and will be going to a C next time. I think they're too stiff. Even when I air down to 15 psi, they don't flex a whole lot.
There's we're just the small AEV 2.5" lift with one running 35" Toyos and the other with 37 Nitto's

How you liking your Falcons?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the replies. Seems to be a personnel choice on running E load tires or not. Does anyone know of a C or D load tire in a 305?
Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I also think it makes a difference in what kind of country you are running in. If only running beaches or smooth rocks then C rated or even P rated would be fine. In my neck of the woods there is lots of downed timber that are like mini spikes and sharp granite rock. Everyone I know runs E rated tires just for the extra protection.

Quick Reply: Is a Load E, 10 ply tire to much for a JKU?