Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LMFAO you have to see this!!!! some people have way to much extra time and money

Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is just stupid... why would you pay for those silly winches when you could just get a sweet hydro setup for the truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALl1LEz_yI
(funny thing, there's a Jeep around here that actually has that same paint job )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhoZGuEt8vU
Oh, and unlike the uses of a suck down winch, THIS actually IS something you should laugh at

Last edited by backcountryislife; 12-19-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Who would waste money on that?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Super Freak

alot of dumbasses in this thread, but what do you expect. the first half of the video showed how he setup the winches, the second half is funny. if you dont know why you would ever want to compress your front suspension, you probably will never go over anything bigger than a curb or speedbump. In the rear think of it as less of a suckdown winch and more of a pull up, to help force the axle over stuff.

and ATV winches are cheap as shit, go ahead, I'll wait. tell me how much a 2k lb winch is lol

(for those of you who cant picture it, imagine what would happen if your jeep tried to climb up a wall. if the front end was allowed to just be it the springs would uncompress and you would flip over backwards.)

Last edited by sneck; 12-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the use of a pulldown winch, but I still demand my 1:32 back through beatings for having to watch a jeep with mudflaps dance.

Could have at least done it somewhere offroad!

Where I live there are very few grades where you would really need it, so I actually liked the first half to see where he mounted everything. I now give credit back for 46 seconds and want to punch someone repeatedly for the other 46.

now THIS made me laugh: 30" RIMS JEEP WRANGLER - Youtube
Old 12-19-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=1z0Yu...%3D1z0Yu8N_M2s
Old 12-19-2012, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Up until someone explained what a suck down winch was actually used for I had no idea but now it makes total sense. In a pintch I'm sure one could probably use some heavy duty ratchet straps. Has anyone set up their front winch to accomplish this? I bet with some pulleys you could probably wrap your winch under the bumper and viola a dancing front end...haha. That may be a better way rather than adding a dedicated winch.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

It just seems silly, unless of course, he used synthetic line. Right?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jesse0920
Up until someone explained what a suck down winch was actually used for I had no idea but now it makes total sense. In a pintch I'm sure one could probably use some heavy duty ratchet straps. Has anyone set up their front winch to accomplish this? I bet with some pulleys you could probably wrap your winch under the bumper and viola a dancing front end...haha. That may be a better way rather than adding a dedicated winch.
Most rock buggies do us the front winch
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may never have a need but I may fab up some pullys and connection point just so I have this option should I ever need it...haha
Old 12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	400337

suck down winches are very common. And yes, you can use your front mounted winch to limit axle movement.

Quick Reply: LMFAO you have to see this!!!! some people have way to much extra time and money