Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

a little input from the experienced, please

Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little input from the experienced, please

I am in a spot where I would like to make a few more modifications to my jeep... With that said, I want to know what all of you think would be money well spent! I am interested in a jet stage 2 chip, hypertech max energy, headers and remote start. I know the remote start is a nicety... But, which of the other items would be the most beneficial?? I am open to other suggestions also!!! Thanks in advance!!!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you're looking to get some power back after upgrading to 33 inches? If so, have you considered regearing?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I have...any recommendations? This is my daily driver and it occasionally makes cross country trips... What kind of mpg impact will regearing have?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Which Gibson exhaust to you have?
Ive heard many people say that the duel exhaust from Gibson actually looses power...

Gears will help regain power and MPG if you get the right ones for your tire size.
Right now your engine is working harder to spin those 33's which slows it down and hurts MPG.

I have 5.13's with my 35's and even though it actually turns a slightly higher RPM on the highway over stock, it still gets better MPG then it did with 4.10's and 35's due to the engine not working as hard to get it moving and maintaining speed up hills and so on.

Last edited by Eracer76; 02-10-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also time to be thinking of winch and lockers,
Old 02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Junkie

Headers
Old 02-10-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

dude forget the nice exhaust tips! i spent $60 to have a nice stainless steel tip to only crush it today. it will be coming off and going to the scrap pile. it was smashed shut! after talking to some guys today i think i am going armor! skid plates on the bottom and rocker guards and bumpers. that is what i am going to do, then go more lift and bigger tires. learn to wheel then do the cool stuff.

Quick Reply: a little input from the experienced, please