Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

A little help with lift decision

Old 01-01-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the lift is on!

While doing the install yesterday I had both sets of Rubi springs and the full Teraflex BB with me. Started on the rear first and as soon as I had the stock 56 coils out, I compared them to the Rubi 59's. There was only about 1/4 of an inch difference. I know that they have a stiffer rate, but I didn't think they would give me as much lift as the BB spacers so we put the BB spacers on with my stock coils.

My hope with the front was that the 17/18's would be significantly longer than my stock 13/14's, but there was only about an inch of height difference. Not knowing what the finished product would look like, I once again went with the BB spacers.

Long story short ---> Here are some shots from my new Teraflex BB kit with Goodyear Duratrac's 33x12.5x15 on MB72's 15x8 -19mm offset 4.5 backspace.

I love it!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2011 JK that I am pondering the 2.5" TF BB for as well. Did you have to do new shocks or shock extensions? Also, are you able to keep the factory sway bars? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bfcerny
I have a 2011 JK that I am pondering the 2.5" TF BB for as well. Did you have to do new shocks or shock extensions? Also, are you able to keep the factory sway bars? Thanks!
Factory sway links not the sway bar itself is what you mean right?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I picked up some Rubicon shocks with my used BB. They feel a little bouncy. I might be going with new shocks soon. The BB comes with new rear links and you use the stock rear links in the front.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Ah...thanks. I was noticing all of the pics for the package with only one set of links and was a bit confused. Thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: A little help with lift decision