Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Little confused....

Old 12-11-2018, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little confused....

A couple of months ago I bought a Sahara JKU 2011 (60,000 miles). I am trying to make a good decision with the subject of RE-GEAR. I'm thinking of using size 37 tires. "

What is your recommendation considering that the JKU is stock?

Regards

Malcolm
Old 12-11-2018, 02:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which transmission? Which axles? Typical driving area/conditions? (sea level or at higher elevation, mostly in town or high speed freeway, flat, lots of hills, steep mountains, etc)

Unfortunately, with a 3.8 and 37's you will want all the gearing you can get. But, this can then turn into a strength issue if you are going to be abusing it offroad. For Auto's, 5.13's are popular. I went with 5.38's. Some are more concerned with strength and recommend 4.88's max and just deal with the lower rpm's/power. Just depends on all of your variables. (For Manuals, one numeric ratio lower than auto's seems fairly standard, so 4.56, 4.88 or 5.13.)

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-11-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Little confused....