Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

List of changes for 35's

Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
You should have enough lift already for 35's, Axel C's are a great idea. What gearing do you have now? I can't speak from experience but from what I hear 3.73's are livable if you have the 3.6 but 4:10's would be something that you wouldn't need to regear. Procal for the speedo and you're good!
How important are the axel c's, it seems like all of a sudden everyone is talking about that...

Maybe it's just because I'm reading a lot more about 35's lately?

I'm also stuck with 3.21's so it's getting complicated

Matthew
Old 05-19-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

How important are the axel c's, it seems like all of a sudden everyone is talking about that...

Matthew
If you live down south where the roads are better and you don't wheel it hard then you can get by without Cs . If you life north of I-40 where they have real winters and the crappy roads that go with them you may want to consider Cs . I lived in Chicago for a year. Their roads had potholes so big it was kinda like wheeling to go to the corner store.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Matthew
Gussets are inexpensive insurance. Even if you never off road, you can still bend the c when running 35.s even on the street. I would make them a priority
Old 05-19-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

Gussets are inexpensive insurance. Even if you never off road, you can still bend the c when running 35.s even on the street. I would make them a priority
Gussets are welded on yes?

Matthew
Old 05-19-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gussets are welded on yes?

Matthew
Yes.. 10char
Old 05-20-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a stock height 2012 JK 2 door rubi, auto with 4.10s. I plan to go to 35s myself.

From what I have read, the following is my planned build, and should be complete:

1. RK 2.5-3" lift with front, rear, upper and lower adj control arms.
2. Front and rear driveshafts
3. gussetts
4. Front adj trackbar
5. Rear adj trackbar
6. Front and rear PSC aluminum fender flares
7. New shocks, either bilsteins or Fox.
8. Bump stop extensions
9. extended brake lines
10. (5) BFG MT KOs 35 x 12.50 x 17
11. AEV pintler (black) 17" wheels
12. ProCal module

additionals:
1. PSC rear tire carrier and bumper
2. PSC brawler lite front bumper with skid plate
3. HD tie rod
4. Oil pan skid (EVO)
5. Fuel tank skid (EVO)
6. Warn 9.5 cti winch with synthetic line
7. PSC corner armor

Its all a money issue!!!

Good luck with your build.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dojohnso
I have a stock height 2012 JK 2 door rubi, auto with 4.10s. I plan to go to 35s myself.

From what I have read, the following is my planned build, and should be complete:

1. RK 2.5-3" lift with front, rear, upper and lower adj control arms.
2. Front and rear driveshafts
3. gussetts
4. Front adj trackbar
5. Rear adj trackbar
6. Front and rear PSC aluminum fender flares
7. New shocks, either bilsteins or Fox.
8. Bump stop extensions
9. extended brake lines
10. (5) BFG MT KOs 35 x 12.50 x 17
11. AEV pintler (black) 17" wheels
12. ProCal module

additionals:
1. PSC rear tire carrier and bumper
2. PSC brawler lite front bumper with skid plate
3. HD tie rod
4. Oil pan skid (EVO)
5. Fuel tank skid (EVO)
6. Warn 9.5 cti winch with synthetic line
7. PSC corner armor

Its all a money issue!!!

Good luck with your build.
My plan is to just win the quadratec jk with the hemi!

Matthew
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

My plan is to just win the quadratec jk with the hemi!

Matthew
Ditto!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just finished putting 35s on my Rubicon. I live in Chicago and don't wheel often but just came back from a Colorado trip where we wheeled pretty hard. I think I hit both types of driving. I am running the TF leveling kit (spacers) with an extra 3/4" in front. I installed the Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Here are my observations:

The 35s look awesome. I get lots of looks and people stopping me to ask me about it. Even in Colorado where there were a lot of Jeeps people really liked it. Between the 35s and 33s, I'm glad I went for the bigger tires.

The 35s rub the fenders and even when I just hit a pretty good bump on the highway like on a bridge. Not sure exactly where but it's rubbing enough that I have to do something about it. Seems to rub in the back of the fender for sure and maybe the side too. When I was off roading, I thought I was going to rip off a fender.

There is no rub when turning hard on flat surfaces. No issue there.

The 35s made it really slower. I have 4.10s as it's a 2008 Rubicon but it's much more noticeable than I thought it would be. Driving around town which is most of my driving is really slow. On the highway, 70 mph is about all it will do comfortably unless it's totally flat. I just did 3,000 miles back and forth to Colorado and it took forever and was really annoying. I got passed by "wide load" trucks in the windy sections. Not sure how much it costs to re-gear but I will strongly consider it.

The mods I have are below. Hope that is helpful for somebody.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JFDATLAW
I just finished putting 35s on my Rubicon. I live in Chicago and don't wheel often but just came back from a Colorado trip where we wheeled pretty hard. I think I hit both types of driving. I am running the TF leveling kit (spacers) with an extra 3/4" in front. I installed the Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. Here are my observations:

The 35s look awesome. I get lots of looks and people stopping me to ask me about it. Even in Colorado where there were a lot of Jeeps people really liked it. Between the 35s and 33s, I'm glad I went for the bigger tires.

The 35s rub the fenders and even when I just hit a pretty good bump on the highway like on a bridge. Not sure exactly where but it's rubbing enough that I have to do something about it. Seems to rub in the back of the fender for sure and maybe the side too. When I was off roading, I thought I was going to rip off a fender.

There is no rub when turning hard on flat surfaces. No issue there.

The 35s made it really slower. I have 4.10s as it's a 2008 Rubicon but it's much more noticeable than I thought it would be. Driving around town which is most of my driving is really slow. On the highway, 70 mph is about all it will do comfortably unless it's totally flat. I just did 3,000 miles back and forth to Colorado and it took forever and was really annoying. I got passed by "wide load" trucks in the windy sections. Not sure how much it costs to re-gear but I will strongly consider it.

The mods I have are below. Hope that is helpful for somebody.
Thanks for the firsthand real world report

How many inches lift was the tf system?

Matthew

Quick Reply: List of changes for 35's